Feature - Implemented Spleen/Content familiar category in familiar drop-down list in Main Interface

Kyta

As the number of in-game familiars grows in length, there are more and more that are hybrids of one sort or another with abilities that are not easily classifiable. Familiar abilities are numerous, varied, and it is probably undesirable to have a category for all of them.

That said, I contend that having a content familiar category would be a useful way for players who use mafia to manage their familiars. Many of those who are looking for these familiars do so for the drops. Secondary abilities such as +stat, runaways, +items, and +meat are quite nice, but grouping them as content familiars helps better organize them and makes them more findable. For example, the Rogue program is a spleen familiar that does MP, not an MP familiar that drops spleen. (That there is no category for MP familiars---most of them are classified as combat familiars---might be a reflection of the needs of the mafia user base, but with the content familiars, I think that many would find such a feature useful.)

There are currently 15 content familiars and no doubt more to come. Moreover, with the content restriction on active challenge paths, players are more likely to turn to the lists to search for new options. Favoriting is a rather imperfect solution because it creates a long vertical list when one is not under restriction.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
This seems reasonable.

It could/should be done as part of a bigger re-categorizing of familiars to deal with the "too many combat familiars" issue that has been much discussed. On this thread, for example.

It's on my short list of things-that-actually-affect-me, so, perhaps I'll get to it, by and by. :)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 16076 adds a "drops" category for familiars that, well, "drop" things for you. Some are spleen items, some open new content, some are just restoratives or what have you. There are 20 of them so far.

This allowed me to remove about half a dozen familiars from my "favorites" list that were there only because I wanted to be able to select them to get the dropped item, but I didn't remember what their other attributes were and didn't know what list to go find them in.

I think this does what you asked for. We still need to make subgroups for combat familiars - damage, elemental, delevel, stagger, mp, other, say - but we can track that in the other thread.