Feature Automatically read I Love Me Vol 1 and 2 Love Me Vol 2

ozoneb

In much the same way that the Talisman o Namsilat is automatically created, I think it would be helpful if the 2 volumes related to the quest were automatically read when they are encountered.

Bale

Minion
It troubles me that the first volume disappears when you read it, so how do you know it was ever encountered if it is no longer in your inventory. That's the only reason that I would not endorse this feature. It offers the possibility of confusion.

For an extra helping of confusion, the second volume does not disappear.

adeyke

If this isn't implemented, an alternative feature would be to add a link to Dr. Awkward or Mr. Alarm in the message you get when using them.

DaveK

If this isn't implemented, an alternative feature would be to add a link to Dr. Awkward or Mr. Alarm in the message you get when using them.
I'd prefer something like this. It always bugs me when I get an item, and mafia offers me a 'Use' link in the relay browser, but when I click the link I get told "You don't have that item" because mafia has already secretly gone and done something with it without telling me. (I'm not even keen on having the Talisman auto-pasted for me, but accept that this is all a matter of taste.)

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I'd prefer something like this. It always bugs me when I get an item, and mafia offers me a 'Use' link in the relay browser, but when I click the link I get told "You don't have that item" because mafia has already secretly gone and done something with it without telling me. (I'm not even keen on having the Talisman auto-pasted for me, but accept that this is all a matter of taste.)

Setting autoCraft and autoQuest to false should disable all cases of that type of thing happening. I just added autoQuest to some more cases in 15995.

DaveK

Setting autoCraft and autoQuest to false should disable all cases of that type of thing happening. I just added autoQuest to some more cases in 15995.
I just saw that on the svn changes group. I didn't know about auto{Quest,Craft} until I saw that, but it sounds like what I'm looking for. Thanks! :)

ozoneb

Seems like you can know the current state of the quest by examining the rooms available in the Palindrome. If Dr. Akward's office is available, then Vol1 has been read. Same for Mr. Alarm. I think Links on the text when it is read is also useful.