Bug - Fixed Long loading times for the various "discoveries" pages in relay browser

Erigu

Exactly as it says in the title, really: the pages with the "discoveries" recipes take oddly long to load (often more than one minute). My computer also gets particularly noisy during that time, for some reason.

I use the latest build whenever I log in (every day), and I don't believe I've ever had that happen to me before yesterday (with build 15983). I switched back to the build I had been using the day before that (15980) and everything was working normally again. Today, I tried the latest build (15989), and no dice: the problem is still there (switching back to 15980 still works, too).

I just checked 15981 and 15982 as well, out of curiosity, and both work just fine, so it seems this has something to do with the 15983 revision specifically?

EDIT: I didn't get a single debug log, for the record.

Last edited:

PeKaJe

I noticed that as well. It looks to be an efficiency problem with the recipe discovery pattern added in that revision, because the problem goes away if I comment out that one line. I can't immediately spot why it even runs on loading those pages, though. Also, I'm not sure why it's important to track recipe learning in Madness Bakery, since those discoveries can be made without knowing the recipe.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
It's not important to track any discovery that doesn't have to be "unlocked".

On the other hand, it would be nice to have it not report "You discovered a new Recipe: Adventure Again (-1)", which was the point of that pattern.

I'll remove that pattern, and if somebody cares, they can fix it a different way.

*shrug*