Junk Junk Choices

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
So in my continual quest for suboptimal play, encouraged by circumstances where the meat for the Shore is lacking, I have been doing the Junk Junk quest. KoLmafia knows the three items and they are the default condition for the landfill. But when the choice adventure occurs, it is unsupported, so automated adventuring gets dumped into the relay. As far as I can tell if item X is a goal then the desired choices for the next two adventures are predictably determined so complete automation of the goal is possible. I seem to recall some cases where if item X is a goal then KoLmafia knows which choices to make to obtain the goal and makes them and other cases where the decisions are left to the player or a between battle script.

So is this a FR for KoLmafia which I should then take on myself if it matters to me :) or is this a request for support from BBS?

Thanks.

Darzil

Developer
Could be done either way. If I recall there was a query if anyone wanted support, and at the time most thought this was a rare thing to do, and that mostly if people wanted to do it, they'd want to do it in relay browser to read the content anyway.

If you want to do it, feel free! It'll be a good exposure to the conditional actions in Choice Manager and custom goals in Choice Swing UI panels (forgot the name for a moment) if you haven't previously played with them.

Bale

Minion
So in my continual quest for suboptimal play.

This is the basic nature of OCRS, eh? These days I'm doing all kinds of sub-optimal things I'd never normally touch with an 11 foot pole. I'm like...

"Should I bother playing my turns today or not? Eh, taking an extra day or two won't hurt my score."

"Should I fill up on candy cane and gingerbread bugbear instead of making real food? Whatev!"

"Collect Nemesis factoids and LEW in hardcore? Sure."

"Pirates or Copperhead Quest? Definitely the later since Pirates is incredibly suboptimal under the current paradigm."

Last edited: