Feature - Implemented Choices for Daily Dungeon not complete

ozoneb

The list of Choices for the Daily Dungeon are not complete. There is no drop list for the door trap - the one where you avoid it using the lockpicks. The default is NOT to use the lockpicks. I just got a new computer and started with a recent KOLMafia jar file. I didnt copy over any previous files except a couple .ash scripts. I know it was there before too.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I wasn't even aware that we had configurable choice adventures for the Daily Dungeon, But I guess we have to, if we allow you to automate it. There is, in fact, a dropdown for the Daily Dungeon door. It is the first one listed of the five choices provided for the Daily Dungeon.

There are five configurable choices:

Daily Dungeon 1: the door
Daily Dungeon 2: the final chest
Daily Dungeon 3: the first chest
Daily Dungeon 4: the second chest
Daily Dungeon 5: the trap

I can certainly see how those are confusingly named.

I'm not sure if there is a reason to configure the final chest any more, since it has been a choice with a single option for many years now; it used to be that you could say "no, I don't want to open the chest", but ever since the final chest started yielding a fat loot token which you could trade for the item of your choice, there is no way to not take that single choice.

I also believe that you do not understand how the door choice dropdown works - which is also understandable, since it is not clear.

show in browser - what it sounds like

suffer trap effects - go through the door (option 1)

unlock door -
if you have a Platinum Yendorian Express Card, use it (option 7)
else if you have lockpicks, use them (option 3)
else if you have a skeleton key, use it (option 2)
else show in browser

try to avoid trap -

if buffed muscle is highest stat, bash it down (option 4)
else if buffed mysticality is highest stat, magic it (option 5)
else (buffed moxie is highest), sneak through it (option 6)

I do not know what you mean by "the default is NOT to use the lockpicks". Looking at defaults.txt, the default for choice adventure #692 is ... not present. Which is to say, the default is 0 - which is "show in browser".

In summary:

- Yes, there IS a dropdown with options for the door. It should be named "Daily Dungeon Doors" or something and the options should be clearer
- The choices for the first and second chests should be named "Daily Dungeon Chest 1" and Daily Dungeon Chest 2".
- If you want to manually open the final chest, fine, we can leave it configurable, but it should be named something better.
- And the trap choice should also be named something clearer than "Daily Dungeon 5". Perhaps we should make it cleared that the second choice - avoid trap - is only available if you have an eleven foot pole.

I'm curious. What do you get when you type the following in the Relay Browser?

get choiceAdventure692

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 15946 gives clearer names to the choices - "Daily Dungeon: Doors", for example - and clarifies what the various choices do - "unlock door using PYEC, lockpicks, or skeleton key" rather than simply "unlock door", for example.

Note that there are no changes to what is actually configurable...

ozoneb

Thanks Veracity. Your explanation was spot on and correct. I was not understanding the choices. I do agree that the new names are more clear. :) Thanks!