Bug - Not A Bug There's a turn cap on Intimidating Mien and Takin' it Greasy

In mafia, I was pushing up turns of Intimidating Mien and Takin' it Greasy past 10M, or so I thought. I think it was over 30M, as displayed by Mafia in the active effects list. When I logged in today, I noticed that they were both around 8M. I sure didn't run millions of turns. So I added several million turns of those effects again, through mafia, and then checked KoL charsheet directly - only 8388607 turns for both effects show. Trying to use KoL to cast Grease Up etc does not change the turns remaining of those effects (using relay browser). Using the status refresh button doesn't cause the capped amounts to be picked up.

So, not sure what the KoL intent is (whether or what cap there should be), but might make sense to reflect it in mafia.

I'm not sure these oddities around the extreme edges of the game are much of a priority for changes, but I may as well make a note.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
That's actually a KoL "bug": rollover caps all effect durations at 2^23-1.

edit: I guess not: just cast some million turns of jalapeno saucesphere and ended up with that number. Either way: charpane refresh should fix the discrepancy.

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
If you launch relay browser does the issue go away? Is it perhaps an API cap rather than a browser one ?

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
api.php also shows the same number that Mafia reports (> 2^23-1). This just looks like a display bug with charsheet.php (in addition to the effects getting reset on rollover that I remembered earlier but was unsure about).

xKiv

Does playing a turn reduce the "correct" durations (and keep displaying 2^23-1 in charsheet.php), or does it reduce remaining turns to 2^23-2?

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
charsheet.php displays Elemental Saucesphere (8388606), but api.php displays "e3d1d1099648703e192a55a9aea17a1e":["Elemental Saucesphere",21342171,"elesphere","skill:4007","53"].

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
So this is a KoL bug on charsheet.php. Have you submitted a Bug Report to KoL about it?

Fortunately, KoLmafia pays no attention to the status effects on that page; we only parse them from charpane.php and api.php. (I assume that charpane.php has the correct value, like api.php?)

Which would make this report Not a Bug (in KoLmafia).

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
So this is a KoL bug on charsheet.php. Have you submitted a Bug Report to KoL about it?
Not yet.
Fortunately, KoLmafia pays no attention to the status effects on that page; we only parse them from charpane.php and api.php. (I assume that charpane.php has the correct value, like api.php?)

Which would make this report Not a Bug (in KoLmafia).
Correct. Bizarrely enough, relogging is enough to trigger the reset. I guess I'll submit that bug report now.

When I logged in, mafia showed the limited turns remaining of the effect (8388607?), and started counting down from there.

Added turns of an effect > 8388607 limit using mafia, then logged out of mafia, then directly into KoL. Both charpane and charsheet count down from the limited value after playing a turn; went from 8388607 to 8388606.

Logging back in with mafia, and mafia shows 8388606. So the API value apparently is either reset also, or it's being ignored in favor of charpane - ?

If I add turns over the limit (with or without mafia), charpane reflects them correctly, but only until logged out. Sounds like there's additional issues on the KoL side, not just display.

I'm not sure I added any new information here.

At this point I guess all of this is just more detail for the KoL bug report.