Bug - Fixed card sleeve no longer considered correctly in Maximizer.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I have a card sleeve with an Alice's Army Foil Lanceman in it. That grants me +6 PvP fights.
I leave the item in inventory and tell the Maximizer to maximize fites.
It suggests that I equip a bowl of petunias (which grants +4 PvP fights) for a net gain of +4.
I equip the card sleeve and tell the Maximizer to maximize fites.
It suggests that I equip a bowl of petunias (which grants +4 PvP fights) for a net gain of -2.

I understand that including the card sleeve in calculations was changed, since looking at all the possible cards is like a whole additional slot, or something, but I was under the impression that if you had a card in it already, it would be treated as if it granted the modifiers based on the current card.

Given that, my particular card sleeve, as loaded, should be treated as if it were +6 PvP Fights, but it is not - although the Maximizer knows that replacing it with the bowl of petunias will grant me -2 fights...

Darzil

Developer
It should be considering all the cards, actually. I hope to be able to look at things this weekend. Work has been seriously hectic.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Huh.

I click the "on hand" radio button and maximize fites. (I am in aftercore, so pulls are free.)
It suggests a bowl of petunias (+4) for my offhand for a total of 48 rollover fites.

I click the "pullable/buyable" radio button and maximize fites.
It makes the identical proposal, except that this time it suggests my card sleeve (+6) for a total of 50 rollover fites.

Darzil

Developer
I wonder if it isn' t considering the current card ? I haven't tested it massively as I had to borrow one to test

Darzil

Developer
It was that. InventoryManager.getAccessibleCount checks for equipped items, but only checks the "real" equipment slots, so doesn't check card sleeve.

r15906 explicitly checks inserted card in card sleeve during item evaluation.

Please test.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I'll be able to test tomorrow.

InventoryManager.getAccessibleCount is supposed to agree with InventoryManager.retrieveItem, which is willing to take items out of equipped slots to put them into inventory. Perhaps those two methods should be taught that since you can slide a card out of a card sleeve (unlike stickers and folders, for example), they should consider that pseudo-slot? That would mean that "acquire such-and-such-a-card" wouldn't go buy another one if you already have one in your sleeve.

Well, that's a niche case that (obviously) nobody has encountered. I expect a change to the evaluator (as you did) will work just fine.

Darzil

Developer
It probably is worthwhile, but was more work that I was prepared to consider for such a niche case.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I got involved in debugging clingy rats, and forgot all about the other aftercore things I wanted to do. Sorry! I'll be there again on Tuesday, I expect.