New Content - Rejected Geeky Gifts are restricted

psly4mne

I don't remember what the status of this was before Ed, but it's now impossible to pull Actual Reality Goggles or cast Summon Geeky Gifts in the current path.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
What are you expecting from this? Mafia relies on KoL to report what is allowed and is not allowed. Usually it's safe to assume that items can't enter your inventory if they are restricted.

My guess is that you are reporting this here because KoL mistakenly allows Summon Geeky Gifts to be cast, and then you can't use any of the items after that. I don't think mafia should work around that issue.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
My guess is that you are reporting this here because KoL mistakenly allows Summon Geeky Gifts to be cast, and then you can't use any of the items after that.
I just noticed this. I'm on the new challenge path, but breakfast used that skill and got me a bunch of items. When I look at the item description, it says "this item is too old to be used on your current path". However, when I look at the list of restricted items, there is no haggis, no Microplushies, and so on.

I don't think mafia should work around that issue.
The bug is that KoL does not not list the items on standard.php. Once it fixes that bug, KoLmafia will work as expected. I agree with lost that putting in special code to work around this bug seems like wasted effort.

psly4mne

I noticed this when running any maximize command at the beginning of a run (as newlife.ash does) would try to pull and equip actual reality glasses. I think a workaround for that case would be nice, but if it's going to be fixed on the KoL side soon, then probably not worth the effort.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Summon Geeky Gifts incorrect restriction

In OCRS, v15919, Summon Geeky Gifts is not reporting as restricted when it should be:

> ash is_unrestricted($skill[Summon Geeky Gifts])

Returned: true

> ash have_skill($skill[Summon Geeky Gifts])

Returned: true

Trying to cast Summon Geeky Gifts:
That skill is too old for this path.