New Content - Rejected Summon Crimbo Candy in Buff Balancing

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I had automation stop because something wanted to Summon Crimbo Candy and was not able to. I turned off the "use summoning skills in buff balancing" preference and automation continued. I was a TT in a softcore Standard run. I suspect that Summon Crimbo Candy is (now?) too old to be used in Standard and the buff balancing code is not aware of that.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
On the "standard" restrictions page, where does "Summon Crimbo Candy" appear? Is it listed under skills? Is the Crimbo Candy Cookbook listed under items? What does ASH's is_unrestricted( $skill[ Summon Crimbo Candy ] ) say?

Darzil

Developer
Was this on the day you ascended? I've seen it that day ever since type 69 started. After a mafia restart it does not appear.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Was this on the day you ascended? I've seen it that day ever since type 69 started. After a mafia restart it does not appear.

I think it was on a day I ascended. I'll re-enable the setting and see if it occurs tomorrow. If so then restarting mafia after ascending is an acceptable workaround.

> ash is_unrestricted($skill[ Summon Crimbo Candy ])

Returned: false
is what happens now.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Allowed summoning in balancing and did not reoccur. Hypothesis that this is related to ascending seems confirmed.