Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: ForkČ~ UberPvPOptimizer - an updated PVPBestGear

For people who have trouble with patch files and want to edit it themselves, ]
    Originally Posted by Bale View Post
    Thanks!

I have examined Bale's patch & applied it. Thanks for the help, Bale.

Always glad to help with a script I'm using.

It still isn't working right, it seems. Specifically: I keep all my familiars equipped with their specific equip (and the only copy of it that I own, the others are in my display case), and as a result of that, it's now switching familiars around trying to equip them with their equip (after concluding that I own the item), but failing to do so, until finally giving up and using one of the generic equips that isn't on any familiar (usually the astral pet sweater or annoying pitchfork, probably because they start with 'a')

Oh, and when stripping naked at the start, it also removes the equipment from your current familiar, any chance that can be changed as well?

Its still a big improvement over the previous iteration though, since the script doesn't take over a minute to run any more, now that it isn't swapping around familiars, so I can just easily find in the table which would have been the best familiar to use and switch to that after it's done.
    Last edited by the dictator; 10-01-2016 at 05:02 PM.

Sorry I never got to your issue, the dictator. If changing familiars becomes beneficial in another season, let me know if it's still an issue.

For now though, I've made it so that it won't equip 0-value items. This should prevent it from switching to a leprechaun with a meat detector every time you run it this season.

Yeah, it was doing so right until the end, so it would probably still be an issue. O well, that's easy enough to deal with manually.

New bug report: the script isn't recognizing the folder holder setup. I have no idea if it could, or should, but I thought is was worth mentioning, since it's pretty decent this season with -5 combat and 4 all res, even if it comes with 3 L's in the name.

Okay. The script is now updated for Season 30. Go forth and fight, clubs.

Dang~ You're right on the ball with it this time. Kudos.

It's a shame that as a Gelnoob the script is completely useless this season. Stupid anti-PvP challenge path.

It's pirate season (again), and the script will properly handle the new contests.

Even in its default configuration, this script does a pretty great job at getting me ready for PvP. Thanks to everyone who's worked on it!

That being said, I think the various weightings could use some tweaking, for my case. Am I correct in thinking that I want to use "zlib [variable_name] = [value]" to set those weights, where [variable_name] is one of the PvP_* zlib variables?

I'm having trouble wrapping my head around how some of the weighting works. For instance, how do I increase the weighted penalty for letters in my outfit? (ie. how do I get the script to dress me in an outfit with fewer letters?) I thought that was probably PvP_hexLetterWeight, but even tripling or quadrupling that value didn't affect how many letters I ended up wearing.