Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: ForkČ~ UberPvPOptimizer - an updated PVPBestGear

Bug report.

I've noticed that it decides my cap gun is best for main hand and off-hand (since I have the skill to be ambidextrous), but I only have one cap gun. It doesn't choose a second best off-hand to use as a result of quantity. This causes my off-hand to be empty.

I'll try to find time to look into that, but I've updated the script for this season.

I've done a few things:
    1. The script uses zlib instead of a raw data file. This will make it easier to users to edit existing settings, and for maintainers to add new settings. Caveat: this will ignore the settings you've set in data/pvpGearProperites.txt. If you want to copy them over, just type zlib PvP_propertyName = value, or use WOSSMAN to change them.
    2. As a result of this, the script should now properly account for dressed to the 9s.
    3. Similarly, it should properly evaluate the damage of your off-hand equipment in conjunction with your main-hand. This should fix the bug Bale posted above. If it doesn't, please let me know.

Just update & let me know if there are any problems.

Woooo!

Thanks for all of that. I actually had trouble with number 1 the other day and had to figure out how it worked.

Handling added for Hot for Teacher & Spirit Day

Bug report:

1. It succesfully recognized that I can dual wield, but it will still recommends a 5-ball over a Carpathian Longsword
    and more importantly, and confusingly:
    2. It only recognizes capital versions of whatever the spirit letter of the day is. Currently the letter of the day is F, it counts wings of fire as having 0, Pendant of Fire as having 1, and the Pine-Fresh air freshener and tiny plastic Lord Flameface both as having only 1 'F' (because the other is an 'f' and thus not counted).

Oh, and it's currently not recommending a familiar (equipment), which won't matter for any actual enchantments (except for the disembodied hand), but can still help for things like the spirit day and last seasons numbers count. Massive thanks for this script though, it's making it so much easier to deal with the hassle of a daily changing mini, without having to search through my whole inventory for nicely lettered items every day.
    Last edited by the dictator; 09-04-2016 at 04:09 PM.

2. It only recognizes capital versions of whatever the spirit letter of the day is. Currently the letter of the day is F, it counts wings of fire as having 0, Pendant of Fire as having 1, and the Pine-Fresh air freshener and tiny plastic Lord Flameface both as having only 1 'F' (because the other is an 'f' and thus not counted).
    Originally Posted by the dictator View Post
    About half a year ago, there was a mafia change to improve string comparison. The upshot is that previously mafia evaluated ("F" == "f") as true. Now it is false. This script clearly needs to be updated with to_upper_case() on string comparisons to eliminate the capitalization error.

I think all that is needed is changing line 140 to
    Code:
    		if (char_at(output,i).to_upper_case()==letter) lettersCounted+=1;
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.

Or you could use:

Code:
    		if (char_at(output,i)≈letter) lettersCounted+=1;
    Although I'm probably the only one who thinks that is cool.

Code:
    > ash ( "a" == "A" )

Returned: false

> ash ( "a" ≈ "A" )

Returned: true
    On my Mac, ≈ is option-x.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

Yeah, this Bale's suggestion does indeed fix it. And it's now actually suggesting weaponry for my off-hand, but since it's trying really hard to equip any sort of chefstaff (after realizing I can't hold them in my mainhand), it gives up and decides to go with an empty off-hand.

Another suggestion for the author of this program, regarding chefstaves. Your function for isChefStaff is way too reliant on a hardcoded list and, it is missing many chefstaves. Fortunately this is easy to fix because mafia already possesses the information.

Code:
    //Chefstaves require a skill to equip
    boolean isChefStaff(item i) {
    	return item_type(i) == "chefstaff";
    }
    Unfortunately there is no logic to ensure that your offhand will not be a chefstaff if you equip the second best weapon. The fix for that is rather more complicated so I won't venture there.