New Content - Implemented IotM - May 2015 - Mayo Clinic workshed item

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I now think it did put the mayolus in the Food tab, but since we have no consumption data for it, it was all the way down at the bottom of 1-full items with the other things that (supposedly) give 1 adventure and no stats.

Has any spading been done on the consumption data for mayoli yet?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Interestingly, the high ones are relatively cheap at this point, whereas the dumb ones are 10 times as expensive. I'd expect a floor of 1,000 or so for any of them, since you need to buy a packet of mayo to produce one.

If angst burgers produce the crappy variety of mayolus, I'll see about making you some.

Theraze

I've been trying to help the deflation of lousy mayoli prices by using ED to consume whichever is at the highest mall price and then undercutting the existing low price by 5-10 thousand. I think we've got them all down below 50k now, but when I try to cut more than 10k down below the lowest, they buy up all of mine and raise their prices again. Ah well, will 'win' the mall eventually.

Or I could just mail you some mayoli if you need. :)

xKiv

Interestingly, the high ones are relatively cheap at this point, whereas the dumb ones are 10 times as expensive.

Not unexpected, since making the dumb ones comes with tje opportunity cost of not eating better food, of course.

I'd expect a floor of 1,000 or so for any of them, since you need to buy a packet of mayo to produce one.

950 or lower, because 5 finger discount and travoltian trousers.

If angst burgers produce the crappy variety of mayolus, I'll see about making you some.

I suspect they won't work with anything that doesn't give adventures, but I havn't tried it.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Interestingly, the high ones are relatively cheap at this point, whereas the dumb ones are 10 times as expensive. I'd expect a floor of 1,000 or so for any of them, since you need to buy a packet of mayo to produce one.

I'd expect a floor of whatever one adventure is worth (typically around 3-5k), since that's the opportunity cost of not using mayonex.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I suspect they won't work with anything that doesn't give adventures, but I havn't tried it.
I tried it. Once I remembered to actually use the Mayostat, the next angst burger I used did this:

Code:
buy 1 Mayostat for 950 each from The Mayo Clinic
You spent 950 Meat
You acquire an item: Mayostat

use 1 Mayostat

eat 1 angst burger
You gain 10 PvP Fights
You acquire an item: enticing mayolus
The angst burger is rated "awesome", even though it gives no Adventures. Apparently it's the quality rating which determines which mayolus you get, not the number of Adventures produced.

I did not send Darzil the enticing mayolus, since that one is not THAT expensive. :)

ereinion

I'd like to request that the overdrunk-warning triggers when you attempt to eat something with mayodiol and this will bring you past your drunkenness-liimit. I see that it is mentioned as a possible feature earlier in the thread, but my experiments (or was it stupidity?) today, seems to indicate it's not implemented yet.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Yikes. Perhaps it should trigger when you attempt to use mayodiol with fullness available and are already at your inebriation limit?

ereinion

Sounds good to me, your solution also has the benefit that you won't be stuck with mayo you don't want in your mouth, so it definitely is better than giving the warning after you've readied it, as that would effectively prevent you from eating any more till after overdrinking.

Fortunately, my mistake didn't cost me too much, except for my nightcap adventures and a reanimator fight I won't get on this occasion, but it was an annoying mistake to make nevertheless. Some foolproofing would be much appreciated :)

Last edited:

DoctorRotelle

Developer
Additionally, when queuing Mayodiol , the fullness expected is -1. IE: I'd like to queue up 4 lime pies when using a Mayodiol. As it stands, I eat 3 in the queue with mayo then queue the last mayo & pie.

DoctorRotelle

Developer
get_campground() no longer returns the portable mayo clinic. not sure if the issue is all workshed items or not. Noticed it in build 15866 and remains in build 15867. mayo items are still visible/purchasable in the food manager.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
get_campground() no longer returns the portable mayo clinic.
"no longer" implies that it used to behave differently. Nothing has changed - and I see no evidence that the code ever set the mayo clinic as a workshed item. There was no code to explicitly set workshed items into KoLConstants.campground, since that was automatically done when CampgroundRequest.findImage saw them - and that method was never called for the mayo clinic.

Which is to say, get_campground() has never returned the mayo clinic. Regardless, thanks for reporting it.

Revision 15868

Theraze

On the login when you add the Mayo Clinic, it showed in get_campground(). At least, that's what happened for me. I assumed that it not showing after that was a part of the lack of Mayo detection which had been a known and reported issue at the time and which Darzil then fixed, but since then I've always used npc_price to check for its availability, and haven't looked for it in get_campground() since.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Whether we add the workshed item to the campground when you first use it (we do) has nothing whatsoever to do with detecting it when we log in and look at your campground (we didn't, for the mayo clinic and only that workshed item).

Theraze

True, but the report was regarding the "no longer" adding it. My guess is that, like me, DocRot checked get_campground on the login session when the item was placed and saw it was there. Then, on a later login, it was noticed that it was no longer in the list, as it had been during that first check.

Strictly speaking, the phrasing was correct that it was no longer there. But the issue that it had never been checked during login was addressed by your r15868. :)

ungawa

Thanks for adding mayo to the Item Manager->Food window. That's where I do most of my consumption, so I'm much less likely to forget to use it. One of the things I eat through the relay browser is Hot Dog Stand dogs, since I usually go there to stock the stand anyway. However, after eating from the hot dog stand through the relay browser, mafia doesn't realize my mouth is empty of mayo. The next time I try to consume mayo through the Item Manager, mafia ignores me, assuming I already have mayo in my mouth. Then I have to go buy and use a mayo through the relay browser.
Would it be possible for mafia to recognize that eating from the Hot Dog Stand empties my mouth of mayo, or just try to use a mayo when I tell it to, whether it thinks I already have mayo or not?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Would it be possible for mafia to recognize that eating from the Hot Dog Stand empties my mouth of mayo, or just try to use a mayo when I tell it to, whether it thinks I already have mayo or not?
I used my mayo clinic just enough to get the familiar for my main and all my multis (yes, I actually donated for the Mr. A to buy it, so I can legitimately do that) but have not looked back since.

I think that not clearing mayo when we see you eat a hot dog is a bug that should be fixed, and that letting you try using mayo anyway would be an extra server hit, when unnecessary, but would otherwise be harmless. I don't have an opinion about that.

Any dev still using mayo want to tackle this - which might be the last remaining thing to do for this New Content?
(Is there more?)

Darzil

Developer
There is quite a few things I'd like to do, when/if I find time. Including removing mayo from list when you have some queued (or in mouth), not allowing you to queue two in a row (will follow), maybe automatically queuing it if you have the mayo minder set (and enough in inventory - or maybe with an autoMayoBuy setting) for clarity.

ereinion

Any dev still using mayo want to tackle this - which might be the last remaining thing to do for this New Content?
(Is there more?)
I haven't seen any commit messages which deal with the overdrink-warning I asked for somewhere upthread, but I could very easily have missed it. Anyway, if it is not in place yet, that is one more thing I would very much appreciate if someone (tm) would implement.