New Content - Implemented Evil eyes can now be multi-used; this isn't tracked properly.

Using 6 evil eyes caused mafia to think the local evil had been reduced from 43 to 40, instead of to 25. Using the Evilometer caused it to realize its mistake.

For the record, the multi-use text is a single evil eye image, followed by the single-use text repeated as many times as evil eyes you used. No bold "And then..." or repeated item images as with multi-consuming food/booze/spleen.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I was going to make a New Content thread when I saw the Trivial Update announcing the KoL change. Thanks for doing it first!

tcluny

Can Evil Eyes get a link back to The Defiled Nook after use?
Something similar to what happens when using an A-boo clue or Stone wool...

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Doesn't the Last Adventure link in the charpane or the Adventure Again link from the fight you just finished work for that?

xKiv

That sounds (I am wildly guessing here) like tcluny doesn't have enabled inline results for item use.

tcluny

I've used Mafia for years and that preference has never been checked.
I checked the box for "Force results to reload inline for [use] links."
When I have that preference set when I use an item it now leaves me at the bottom of the page, making me scroll to the top of the fight rather than just redirecting me to the top of the inventory page after item use. This happened with Stone Wool at the Temple and with the Filthworm glands.
I switched back for now due to the extra scrolling, maybe I have another preference set wrong?

xKiv

That's pretty much how it works (I think you can set autoscroll in KoL's options? at least for using items through kol's own popup menu - but that prevents me from using several items in a row without having to scroll back to the items (I don't often read result messages anymore)), iirc.