Bug - Fixed Banishing fail

Darzil

Developer
In certain areas, such as Dinseylandfill, banishing fails with a message "This is a really confined space...". Not sure if it's all banishes or just some, but we should detect and not record the banish as successful, though it probably should clear existing banishes from that source if only one is allowed.

Bale

Minion
Tested n the Pirates of the Garbage Barge.

It cleared the existing banish without adding a new one.

Fixed.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I changed that code some to check your current location instead of the response text. I don't know where you can't banish in Dinseylandfill (I'm guessing it isn't blocked in all 4 locations), so that specific case is unhandled again in 15732.

Darzil

Developer
I changed that code some to check your current location instead of the response text. I don't know where you can't banish in Dinseylandfill (I'm guessing it isn't blocked in all 4 locations), so that specific case is unhandled again in 15732.
Can I ask why? We've gone from being able to recognise failure in current or future content where this applies, to having to maintain a list. Are you going to spade all existing areas to complete that list?

Darzil

Developer
Actually, maybe we should add, and handle, a NOBANISH, flag to adventures.txt? Maybe I'll do some spading.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Every area has a different message, I believe. Your existing code wouldn't handle new areas, or other old areas.

Darzil

Developer
Added in all Dinseylandfill locations, Diner and Boss Bat area. There may be others, but they are the others I've found.

Darzil

Developer
Oh, also verified that using a crystal skull on a monster that wasn't banished due to this failure does indeed cancel the previous crystal skull banish, so our implementation is correct.