OCD Inventory control

Hello, Bale.

Recently I encountered (and keep encountering) one strange OCD bug. It's about warbear workshed items.

I have all workshed items in OCD base as "mallsell, but keep 1 item". And it works. Usually.

This time I have warbear jackhammer drill press, and changing it to warbear high-efficiency still (actually, it works for any warbear item). In OCD only this recorded:
Code:
You acquire an item: warbear jackhammer drill press
At this time I have zero stills in hand, and one press.
Then I am starting OCD:
Code:
> call scripts\OCD Inventory Control.ash

autoSatisfyWithCloset => false
mallsell 1 warbear jackhammer drill press
Sale price for this line: 54*321

Total mall sale = 54*321
Transferring items to store...
Items offered up for sale.
autoSatisfyWithCloset => true

Anticipated monetary gain from inventory cleansing: 54*321 meat.
It putting my press to mall, even if I have this "1 reserved" setting!

This happens each time, and with any warbear item acquired such way. As if OCD "thinks" I have two of them at the moment. But it happens only during this, "changing" Mafia session. If I exit mafia and start it again, effect vanishes. Same for refreshing session (hmm, so it works like opposite to kmail acquirements). Maybe Mafia bug then, and not OCD? :(

Sincerely yours, Oleg Vladimirovych Bobryshev.

Bale

Minion
OCD counts the item in your workshed as an item you own. If you have 1 in inventory and another 1 in the workshed, that is 1+1=2, so it would sell one of them.

OCD counts the item in your workshed as an item you own. If you have 1 in inventory and another 1 in the workshed, that is 1+1=2, so it would sell one of them.
Sorry, it seems, I am bad with wording my replies. :( English is not my native language, so I make stupid mistakes in phrases, it seems, and sounds weird. Sorry.

I have exactly one of each warbear item in the inventory. So when I am switching one (press) for another (still), I don't getting two presses. It is still the same one - it's only moves from shed to inventory.

But Mafia or OCD seems taken it as acquiring second press. I.e. for some time it thinks that I have one press in shed, and another in inventory.

As refreshing of session eliminate this problem, then it seems that it's switch process "workshed<->inventory" that confuses Mafia/OCD.

Sincerely yours, Oleg Vladimirovych Bobryshev.

Bale

Minion
If KoLmafia does not know how many of an item are in inventory or in the campground, that would be a KoLmafia bug. Please report it.

Edit: I figured out the specifics of the bug and made a bug report HERE.

Last edited:

Ioeth

So wadbot has been down since December 14, 2013, and I haven't heard any rumblings of it returning. Any chance that the script could be updated to use smashbot instead?

Bale

Minion
So wadbot has been down since December 14, 2013, and I haven't heard any rumblings of it returning. Any chance that the script could be updated to use smashbot instead?

I'm told that smashbot won't deal with you properly if you're in hardcore so I've been reluctant. Of course I could just refuse to send if !can_interact(). I suppose, maybe?

Darzil

Developer
I'm told that smashbot won't deal with you properly if you're in hardcore so I've been reluctant. Of course I could just refuse to send if !can_interact(). I suppose, maybe?

That's what I did when I added it to Mafia Pulverise.

Bale

Minion
:p

Does smashbot work the same as wadbot? I just send the stuff and assume it will come back properly pulverized or malused? No message text is necessary?

Darzil

Developer
No message and it'll return things as smashed, "nuggets" as message will make powders into nuggets first, "wads" as message will make powders and nuggets into wads first.

Hey Bale, thanks for adding in smash bot; however, I feel like it is inferior to wad bot. I did some basic verification of the items being sent and I could tell I was not getting 100% of the smash bits back. For example, I sent these items
Code:
 Thank you for using smashbot.
(automalusing to wads for this message)
You sent:
129 giant needles: to pulverise
8 giant discarded torn-up gloves: to pulverise
26 giant foam fingers: to pulverise
6 giant cactus quills: to pulverise
2 General Sage's Lonely Diamonds Club Jackets: to pulverise
16 furniture dollies: to pulverise
1 frigid hankyū: to pulverise
10 flimsy clipboards: to pulverise
222 giant gym membership cards: to pulverise
203 giant penguin keychains: to pulverise
71 giant artisanal rice peelers: to pulverise
After all that happened, I sent your stuff to the malus!

I then got the following items back.
Code:
 twinkly wad	You acquire 707 twinkly wads
stench wad	You acquire 5 stench wads
antimatter wad	You acquire 2 antimatter wads

All the returns seem too low. Obviously, the stench wads should be more. I sent over 8 gloves. Assuming each one of these only smashed into 4 nuggets, which seems highly unlikly, then I should have gotten 6 wads and 2 nuggets back. Instead I only get 5 wads? And then the antimatter wad supposedly has a 1% chance of occuring per item. I sent around 600 items and only got 2? Statistically plausible but unlikely. Lastly, I should have gotten something with a cold wad/nugget back from the frigid hanky but that never happened.

Anyways, I think it should be defaulted as off and if people want to turn on sending to smash bot they can. Personally, I don't want to use it as it seems to be giving only 70% or so of the stuff back.

Theraze

From what you just posted, it sounds like Smashbot will depend on you to figure out the distributions... if you don't send enough for a wad, that goes away. Unless you received powders/nuggets and just didn't post them...?

"I" sent (OCD did the sending xD) tons of items. A lot of the messages returned with nuggets/powders however the one I just used as an example did not come back with any. I looked in the message afterwards to see if maybe it sent the cold nugget back there. However, it only had 1 cold nugget there and that was from an item sent in that batch so I am not sure what is going on with that bot >_>.

Oh you can? I thought it was guaranteed to be elemental. If that is the case then I suppose that explains the "lost" elemental nuggets/wads. I still feel like the anti-matter wads are lower than reported by the wiki but I guess that could just be poor luck/wiki info.

Anyways, I guess it is working fine. Just ignore me :).

Darzil

Developer
Can't see any issues with Smashbot here. Got what I'd expect, and a decent number of antimatter wads. Also tested and got back some smithereens from a Smithsness item.

Is it equal chance of 2W or 1W+3N? If so I would have expected 1.8 W per item, 50% chance of sleaze wads, 1% of wads as antimatter, on midriff scrubs for 406 twinkly wads, 115 sleaze wads, 5 antimatter wads. I got slightly more than that.

Code:
162 compression stockings: to pulverise
128 sets of midriff scrubs: to pulverise
1 Meat Tenderizer is Murder: to pulverise
After all that happened, I sent your nuggets to the malus!

You acquire 3 clusters of twinkly nuggets
You acquire 3 clusters of sleaze nuggets
You acquire 433 twinkly wads 
You acquire 120 sleaze wads
You acquire 4 tawdry amethysts
You acquire an item: handful of Smithereens 
You acquire 6 antimatter wads