Page 49 of 149 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 ... LastLast

Thread: OCD Inventory control

Oh, I didn't say it was a bug in the message you quoted. I was just pointing out that it was doing exactly what the script was telling it to, based on available_amount, and if you wanted to avoid it, you could, either by turning off stocking, or satisfy with stash.

Edit: For a constructive suggestion, how about you try to replace this line in stock:
    Code:
       tot = full_amount(it);
    with this:
    Code:
       tot = available_amount(it);
    Since it's using retrieve_item, which works based on available_amount, that should actually work properly to get more items. Unless it's supposed to pull from the clan stash to stock, in which case you'd want to replace this line
    Code:
       if(tot < stock[it].q && !retrieve_item(stock[it].q - tot + available_amount(it), it)) {
    with this:
    Code:
       if(tot < stock[it].q && !retrieve_item(stock[it].q - tot + full_amount(it), it)) {
    The big thing is that you just have to call the same function for both... either you use full_amount top and bottom and it will pull items from clan stash, or you use available_amount top and bottom and it will actually get new stuff for you.
    Last edited by Theraze; 06-15-2011 at 06:09 AM.

It is definitely a bug. My script doesn't handle it well when you want to auto-satisfy from the clan stash.

The problem is that I want it to consider items in the closet regardless of the closet being allowed as a location to retrieve items from. (Since the closet goes into Hangks this makes sense.) When you allow items to be retrieved from the clan stash it gets a bit more complex.

I'll fix this when I can. In the meantime I can only suggest that it would work if you turned off auto-satisfy with the clan stash.
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.

No big deal. I wouldn't have brought it up again, except I had the mistaken idea that you had posted a fix. It's no problem working around it. In fact, the script eventually completes the stock & disposal lists when you keep re-running it. And it does use the stash to some degree, pulling ingredients to create things that it could just pull from there pre-made !

OCD Inventory Control Updated!

• Fixed the stash stocking bug for AlbinoRhino!

AlbinoRhino, sorry that I wasn't able to fix that promptly. I had only addressed the much simpler bugs that were reported by Banana Lord. In the end I believe I found a rather elegant solution to the problem you reported. The script actually got simpler than it was before so I hope my math didn't become confused.

Please test the new version for me and let me know if I did indeed fix it.
    Last edited by Bale; 06-15-2011 at 08:42 AM.

I will bust out MeatBall (my softcore character) and give it a try right now. Whether it works or not, you're still awesome Bale !

Edit:

Looking good ! MeatBall was already fully stocked. He has Mae West x5 and thin black candle x8 on his stock list. The candles are one of your default stock items that I noticed the script purchasing when there were over 1600 of them in the stash. The Mae West was an item I added to the stock list and the script was creating when there were 50-some in the stash.

I put 2 candles in my closet and autosold six. I put 5 Mae West in my mall store. Then I ran the script.

Stocking up on requred items!
    Pulling items from stash...
    You acquire Mae West (5)
    Removing items from closet...
    You acquire thin black candle (2)
    Pulling items from stash...
    You acquire thin black candle (4)
    Nothing to do. I forsee no additional meat in your future.
    Requests complete.
    It appears to be all sorted out. My little test was unable to defeat your wizardry, but if you have a more complicated test in mind that you want me to try, just let me know.
    Last edited by AlbinoRhino; 06-15-2011 at 09:15 AM.

At the risk of nagging, I think post #478 may have been overlooked.

It was overlooked.
    On an unrelated note, at what point did OCD stop sending nuggets and powders to Wadbot if you don't have access to the Malus (or if you don't have Pulverize)?
    Originally Posted by Banana Lord View Post
    I cannot see any reason that it would be true. The code actually checks if you have pulverize so that it can send stuff to wadbot if you don't have it... You are sure of this problem?

I noticed that on my multi last time I ran the script it sent messages to Wadbut but not all of them contained items (I got a message back form Wadbot stating just that), no idea why since another message just before that worked just fine.
    My scripts:
    Best sushi for Profit
    Winterbay's Helpful Automatic Monsterbasher (WHAM)

Scripts maintained by me:
    Autobasement
    Smashlib

A small programmer joke:
    Wife: Honey, please go to the market and buy 1 bottle of milk. If they have eggs, bring 6.
    The man came back with 6 bottles of milk.
    Wife: Why did you buy 6 bottles of milk.
    Man: Because they had eggs...

The 6 Stages of Debugging: 1 )That can't happen. 2) That shouldn't happen. 3) Hmmm, weird. 4) Why does that happen? 5) Oh, I see. 6 )How did that ever work?

All programs can be optimized, and all programs have bugs; therefore all programs can be optimized to one line that doesn’t work. /Bob Fitch, Blizzard

Well I found a buildup of ~1900 nuggets in my inventory. On checking my database it seems that nuggets and powders were in my Keep section, not my Pulverize one (incidentally, it's slightly counterintuitive to 'pulverize' a nugget or powder into a wad isn't it?). I don't remember changing their categorisation, nor can I think of any reason why I would do so, but it's quite possible this was human error.
    Last edited by Banana Lord; 06-15-2011 at 01:15 PM.

It was overlooked.

I cannot see any reason that it would be true. The code actually checks if you have pulverize so that it can send stuff to wadbot if you don't have it... You are sure of this problem?
    Originally Posted by Bale View Post
    I saw this a couple of times. Messages were sent to wadbot with no attached items. Didn't seem important enough to try and debug or reproduce at the time.
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I agree with frono.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post