Page 2 of 145 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: OCD Inventory control

For the autosell map, wouldn't you get the same effect by simply not putting them in the map? I understand the negative values in save[], but not auto_sell[].

Sorry. Misread your post. Realized what you'd written. Then edited my post mere moments before you posted a follow-up reply. Here's what my edited post says:

You're right. Such items won't be sold, but I wanted them to be listed anyway in case I changed my mind. Perhaps that was a weird design choice.
    Originally Posted by Bale View Post
    It would have the same effect if I hadn't put them in the map at all. I just wanted it to be easy to alter if I change my mind.
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.

[quote=zarqon;11187]My favorite script name is still this one. The font also helps.

one of my most useful/least used by others scripts...

Bale, I'm sorely tempted, but I've made too much meat off random crap that suddenly became valuable due to a special event or game mechanic change (100 briefcases during Crimbo, anyone?). Cool script though!

Seems to have worked great, except for a couple little hickups with pricing it seems...

03/28/09 20:04:46 Bubblies bought 1 (Hodgman's journal #4: View From The Big Top) for 100 Meat.
    03/28/09 20:04:41 Bubblies bought 4 (Hodgman's journal #2: Entrepreneurythmics) for 400 Meat.

So I got outted about 1 mil meat, that's all I noticed. Maybe a problem with the "#" or something else in the item name?
    Last edited by Shiverwarp; 03-30-2009 at 03:39 AM.

Great script!

Is there any way to include the option of sending stuff to wadbot?

Yes. I'm not going to add it to the script, but if you want to do it, you'd just need to add something similar to this:

cli_execute("send "+ to_string(item_amount(it)-save[it])+ " " +to_string(it) + " to wadbot");

Any thoughts as to the mispricing of Hodg journals?

Mispricing? My thought is that someone was selling some of those for a surprisingly cheap price.

When you tell a script to simply price according to current mall prices you take your luck. You could argue that is a serious design flaw and if you want to figure a way of making sure everything is priced in a way guaranteed to make you money, then go ahead and do it.

My recommendation is to manually mall anything whose price you're concerned about, or write in an exception for that item. I'm not really concerned enough to do so myself.

The first 5 items of both journals minpriced? Completely improbable.

I think I've found the problem, when actually searching for "hodgman's journal #4: view from the big top" It returns no results, same with "hodgman's journal #2: entrepreneurythmics"

So apparently the search just doesn't like those items, I'm guessing the colon.

Anyways, the problem is this makes the script minprice them, rather than leave it as the max price. This could be a problem for any such item that returns no results for some reason.

Well, I want them minpriced. If you want them maxpriced, it's a simple change. I assume you can do that?

If search doesn't like the colon, then that is a mafia bug. Please report the bug or else I'll play with it a bit once I'm out of Bad Moon and then report it myself.