OCD Inventory control

coandco

Would it be possible to add a "feed to Asdon Martin" option for food/drink items in OCD? I suspect I'd get more use out of junk items as fuel than I would trying to sell them on the mall or any of the other options.

Bale

Minion
While possible... I'm not sure if I want to do this... I'll think about it.

There isn't a mafia command to asdonmarin fuel is there?

What food/drink cannot be fueled? Just stuff that is buyable from NPC stores? Anything else.

What should OCD do if it turns out that the adson martin isn't currently in the workshed? Because you can remove it.

coandco

Hmm. Maybe instead of having OCD handle Asdon Martin directly, it would be better to just add an option to pass the item off to an external script, as named in the "other data" field. That way, OCD could call "scriptname number_of_items item_name" and the script could decide what to do with the items. That way, I could write my own Asdon Martin handling, and OCD wouldn't need to worry about all of the corner cases.

Bale

Minion
Then just write your own Adson Martin handling!

You could write a separate script or you could write a wrapper script that handles fueling, and then passes off control to OCD.

ereinion

I've had some issues with lots of items I've already set an action for claiming I need to set the action again:

3BQVL2lDQ3_lsIg26hq8eA.png

Looking at my data-file, it has lines for all the items I've checked for. Furthermore, it is 6000+ lines, compared to the ~2800 items the relay script claims are in it. Is there anything I can do to try to track down what is wrong with my datafile? Trying to reregister the items missing, did just cause them to reappear as missing a few days later.

icon315

I've had some issues with lots of items I've already set an action for claiming I need to set the action again:

View attachment 9020

Looking at my data-file, it has lines for all the items I've checked for. Furthermore, it is 6000+ lines, compared to the ~2800 items the relay script claims are in it. Is there anything I can do to try to track down what is wrong with my datafile? Trying to reregister the items missing, did just cause them to reappear as missing a few days later.

I've had the same issue before. Usually reloading the relay script fixes it. There's probably a hiccup while loading the data file, my file is pretty large as well. Though I have an older customized version of ocd

ereinion

That didn't work for me, unfortunately. Clearing the file and then reentering all the items did. Only about 1800 items in it now though. It may return once it grows in size, I guess.

Another issue I've had is that the script is pretty keen on putting my pretty flowers into my mall store - checked both in the cli and the relay script that they are set to be kept in my inventory, but they are still put into my mall store. Well, some of the time at least - maybe 1 in every 4 or 5 runs of the script.

Any idea what is going on here?

yKNK0ZAtQ52S1wXLZSeufA.png

Valliant

It's a small thing, but the default stock list for softcore pulls still has pre-tower revamp items on it, plus a number of items that have left Standard. I'm completely capable of trimming the list myself, but it wouldn't hurt to keep newer players from stocking things they won't be able to use.

taltamir

Thank you for this script, pretty useful.

One issue I am having is, I set it to run after combat. And then used adventure interface to do bulk combat in an area.
when new item is discovered it pauses to popup "uncategorized items found in inventory, abort yes/no". no matter what i answer it just goes to the next combat, and keeps on asking me that question after every single time.

Is there a way to disable that question? so far I have just been telling it to keep all. and when i want to change its behavior i find a specific item and modify it from keep all to whatever i actually want it to do. It would be convenient if it could keep uncategorized items as uncategorized (meaning, keep all but i need to choose what to do) with it nagging me about them being uncategorized (Since lets be honest, I am not going to categorize my entire inventory in one sitting)

Magus_Prime

Hello,

I don't think there's a way to do what you want without editing the script. The script is really designed to be run either at the end of a day's turns or the end of a run.

Magus

Accord

I'm having trouble getting this script to work. I've had it work in the past but my Mafia folder got wiped so I needed to reconfigure my inventory. I just finished doing that but when I run the script in Mafia itself to actually sort I get this error in the CGLI:

> call scripts\OCD Inventory Control.ash

Updating inventory...
You are missing item stocking information.

OCD Control was unable to obssessively control your entire inventory.
Requests complete.

I've checked the inventory file in my data folder and it's populated seemingly correctly with the right number of items that the relay browser is giving me and I've attempted renaming my files through OCD to check that it was in fact interacting with the right ones. Any idea what's going on with this? I'm pretty bummed out I just spent hours setting this up for no result.

Accord

Not sure what I did after all this, but it appears to work now. I had backed up the data file and tried replacing the active corrupted file with it several times but I guess through sheer stubborness and my willingness to endure more disappointing results it finally worked.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Perhaps unrelated, but when I first load the relay portion of OCD it tells me I have 1000+ items that can be characterized. I know that is not true so I reload it again and this time the number (and types) of uncategorized items are what I expect. Since reloading in the relay browser has always fixed this for me I have not worried about it.

Timbatim

I got problems with OCD.
It forgets about options I did before and even worse, it seems to mix the options I have for different characters.

Any ideas for solutions?

Bale

Minion
I don't even know why you have those problems. Nobody else does, so I'd have to guess what you are doing different.

Perhaps you changed the default value for the data file so that all your characters are using the same data file. Or maybe your characters are called by an script which also calls OCD when they finish execution and so the batch file is calling OCD with same parameters regardless of character since zlib checked the character name before the character logged in...

xKiv

the latest daily build, or the "latest" stable build? latest stable is pretty old and many scripts don't work on it.

That's usually true, but at this moment the latest stable build (on sourceforge) is only two weeks old, which makes it only *slightly* old, and not yet ancient! It has (I presume) the current iotm, at least. But not crimbo places.

taltamir

That's usually true, but at this moment the latest stable build (on sourceforge) is only two weeks old, which makes it only *slightly* old, and not yet ancient! It has (I presume) the current iotm, at least. But not crimbo places.
Oh cool! I didn't even notice there is finally a new stable build. What a happy crimbo surprise