OCD Inventory control

Alabit

Two things: for whatever reason i had that same key->pie issue for about a month, and then it went away. no idea why.
Also, zlib just updated and now ocd inventory control won't run because zlib has the new field "water_level" that it doesn't recognize.
I'm sure it's an easy fix, just wanted to make sure it was on your radar. thanks again for all you do!

Bale

Minion
Also, zlib just updated and now ocd inventory control won't run because zlib has the new field "water_level" that it doesn't recognize.
I'm sure it's an easy fix, just wanted to make sure it was on your radar. thanks again for all you do!

It's not on my radar. I cannot test it right now since I'm in run, but it still verifies.

I suspect that the actual problem is that you need to update KoLmafia to one of the latest daily builds. It is probably KoLmafia that isn't recognizing that field.

Alabit

Huh, whaddayaknow. daily build fixed it. I figured it was an ocd issue since it didn't trigger until zlib updated, but that's my mistake. all good and working!

Bale

Minion
OCD is under the impression that when a meatpasted item is untradeable it cannot be untinkered. Is that a bad rule? Are there other untinkerable untradeables? I don't remember what untradeable items caused me to institute that rule so are there any? This needs more research before I can make any change. Will you help me figure it out?

Putting that aside for a moment... The bubblin' stone is a quest item that will vanish when you ascend if it isn't part of a helmet and it has no other use. So why would you want to do this?

Bale

Minion
Thanks Fluxxdog. Thanks to the wiki page for the bitchin' meatcar I found a list of non-untinkerable items here. Now my question is reduced to how many untinkerable untradeables exist. I need to know which is less common and if there is a way to distinguish them.

Also, if there is no good reason to ever untinker an untradeable, then I might not make the change. I want there to be some use for it if I go to that much trouble since this is not simple.

Last edited:

torne

Untinkering the aerated diving helmet means you can mallsell the rusty diving helmet it's made out of, which is tradeable and valuable. I guess the only reason you'd actually need to do this is if you'd made more aerated diving helmets than you need somehow though, which is unlikely given the cost of obtaining the rusty diving helmets in the first place.

May not be worth fixing (unless Mafia exposes this information and therefore makes it easy), it was just something I noticed while going through the OCD list, and thought I'd point it out in the OCD spirit :)

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Is there something that I'm missing that indicates whether an item is cooked, mixed, meatpasted, or whatever else? It seems like is_untinkerable() is far more narrow than this new information should be.

Bale

Minion
Is there something that I'm missing that indicates whether an item is cooked, mixed, meatpasted, or whatever else? It seems like is_untinkerable() is far more narrow than this new information should be.

That information is not available either, but I cannot see how it would provide information to let me know if a meatpasted item can be untinkered.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I'm thinking about a function returning the strings in persistence/ConcoctionDatabase, from mixingMethodDescription(). The difference in this case would be between "Meatpasting" and "Meatpasting (not untinkerable)".

Bale

Minion
Thank you, lost.

Now I just need a function that determines if any item can be used as a crafting ingredient (of any sort) to make other items. Basically get_ingredients() in reverse. Then I'd be able to avoid parsing concoctions.txt in this script. :D

Now I get to add "since" to this script. Fluxxdog actually added that to the mafia wiki just earlier today. Thanks, Fluxxdog! :D

Last edited:

Lxndr

I know this is mainly an item management script, but I've also considered my meat totals part of my inventory.
Is there any hope in coaxing this script to send my total meat on hand to my mall multi (or any worthy recipient?)