OCD Inventory control

After thinking over the issue, very carefully, I've decided that you are right. Your vision looks like it will be more beneficial to people's malls than mine. I've altered OCD to work the way you prefer. svn update ocd
Thank you, Bale! And Happy New Year! :)

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
There's a decent chance that kBay will be fully running soon (I say this based on more than just the G-D thread), so for now the commenting out of actually sending items to kBay should be sufficient.

Rinn

Developer
Feature Request: I'm not sure how much control you have over the Add Items dropdowns but it would be nice if clicking Add Default button set each item's dropdown to your recommended default value and would still require the user to manually click save all after so they can be reviewed.

Another option would be to add an additional column to the tab that shows what the default action would be if I were to hit the Add default button.

ereinion

It seems OCD Inventory control has some trouble dealing with bubblin' crude in the relay script. That is, "Autosell" appears in the dropdown menu for it, even if it can't be autosold. Checking "ash $item[bubblin' crude].discardable" returns false, so it isn't that which messes up (I think that's the field telling if something's autosellable?). Not a big deal, but I thought I might as well let you know. Oh, and if someone has a suggestion for what I could do with my non-autosellable bubblin' crudes I'd be grateful if you let me know :)

Winterbay

Well, if you try to put one in the mall it cannot be sold at lower than 120 indicating that it has a hidden autosell value of 60 (since otherwise the minimum would've been 100).

Darzil

Developer
There are a handful of items with autosell prices that cannot be autosold. A check whether they are discardable should be checked to see if they can be autosold, not just that there is an autosell price. More may appear in future (if people work out the autosell price and request it).

fishfishfish

Hi Bale! This script is pretty much my favorite thing about KolMafia - the entire reason I started using mafia in the first place was for it's inventory control options.

Question/request: is it possible that an option could be added to the OCDinventory panel that would allow me to *partially* run the script? For example, run the script so that it *only* pulverizes the items on the pulverize list, and nothing else? Or *only* stocks things in the mall and my closet, but doesn't do anything else? Sometimes I just want to closet all the closetables to make a bit of elbow room in my inventory, or I'll want to clean stuff up a bit, but want to manually manage what goes into the mall, or mall sell particular items instead of pulverizing them. Being able to pick and choose to run just one or some of the parts of this script could help a lot with that.

Sorry if it's a big ask or would require more work than it seems like - I don't know much about coding/script writing, so it's hard for me to tell whether this kind of a thing is "extensive re-write" difficult or "add 2 lines of code" easy. Thanks for all the work you've put into this so far, I (and many others) certainly appreciate it :)

digitrev

fishfishfish - If you're up to editing it, line 731 in the current version is where the meat happens. As near as I can tell, just comment out any of the lines with act_cat that you don't want to act. So for example, you could comment out lines 750-751 to stop it from pulverizing things, or line 756 to stop it from adding stuff to the display case.

But as for a specific change to make that easier to do without needing to edit it... If I were to undertake that, I would add a set of radio buttons to the DB Manager / Configure script tab, and then run a check on each setting.

Edit: Hell, since I had some free time, I made the necessary changes. See the attached files. I make no promises as to whether or not this will work. In order to control which parts of the script fire, go to the Configure Script tab in the relay script.

This ended up being about 20 lines of unique code, copied and pasted with minor modifications. I'm sure Bale could optimize the heck out of this, but I'm a lazy coder, so that's up to him if he wants to incorporate my changes.

View attachment relay_OCD_dB_Manager.ash
View attachment OCD Inventory Control.ash

Last edited:

fishfishfish

fishfishfish - If you're up to editing it, line 731 in the current version is where the meat happens. As near as I can tell, just comment out any of the lines with act_cat that you don't want to act. So for example, you could comment out lines 750-751 to stop it from pulverizing things, or line 756 to stop it from adding stuff to the display case.

But as for a specific change to make that easier to do without needing to edit it... If I were to undertake that, I would add a set of radio buttons to the DB Manager / Configure script tab, and then run a check on each setting.

Edit: Hell, since I had some free time, I made the necessary changes. See the attached files. I make no promises as to whether or not this will work. In order to control which parts of the script fire, go to the Configure Script tab in the rely script.

This ended up being about 20 lines of unique code, copied and pasted with minor modifications. I'm sure Bale could optimize the heck out of this, but I'm a lazy coder, so that's up to him if he wants to incorporate my idea.

View attachment 8132
View attachment 8131

Dude, awesome! I will definitely be taking a look at this :) Thanks a million!

Bale

Minion
I created this script to save me a lot of time, but...

zvZT1cl.png

My justification is that it saves other people time also. At least the total combined saved time makes it worthwhile. Please love this script or else I might lose my mind.

Fluxxdog

Last I checked, there was no +! or thumbs up on the forums, so, all you get is my thanks. Any any stuffed Hodgmen if I come across them, but that's a whole different story ;)

Razorsoup

My justification is that it saves other people time also. At least the total combined saved time makes it worthwhile. Please love this script or else I might lose my mind.

It has saved me more time than I can count. Aside from a couple minor modifications to satisfy my own weird fringe wants, this script has been wonderful. I guess what I'm trying to say is...don't lose your mind.

digitrev

Hey, I liked it enough to try and improve on it, so don't worry about the time you're spending. The uncluttering is fantastic.

Bale

Minion
Actually, this script is relatively low maintenance compared to other scripts. (ChIT comes to mind! I can never stop fiddling with ChIT.) However, that comic is definitely something that would be empathized with by any scripter who puts their works up for other to use. I posted that in this thread, rather than in the thread for another more troublesome script, because this is the only script which I wrote specifically to save time.