OCD Inventory control

I can't seem to get relay_OCD_dB_Manager.ash to show anything. When I view source on the main frame, it is also empty.

It fails on the following error: Unknown variable 'OCDinfo' (relay_OCD_dB_Manager.ash, line 9)

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Very strange. That seems like something that would happen if "OCD Inventory Control.ash" wasn't installed or had been renamed, but if that was true, then you'd get an error about missing "OCD Inventory Control.ash"

You see, OCDinfo is defined in "OCD Inventory Control.ash" which is imported into "relay_OCD_dB_Manager.ash"

Last edited:
Hey Bale, is there a reason the script uses giant jar of protein powder one at a time rather than multi-using them? Takes it a min or two to go through the hundreds I have.

Yeah _ I was looking at that, and I THINK it may be because svn doesn't know where I put "OCD Inventory Control.ash". But clearly it also DOES know where that file is as here is the full message:

Changing "tavern cellar" to "The Typical Tavern Cellar" would get rid of this message (zlib.ash, line 648)
Changing "sewer nugget" to "sewer nuggets" would get rid of this message (OCD Inventory Control.ash, line 267)
Unknown variable 'OCDinfo' (relay_OCD_dB_Manager.ash, line 9)

So is there a setting in SVN that is different from KOLMafia so that it uses one path to look for the file at one time then another at another time?

ETA: Moving the file to the top level of the scripts folder results in the same error. I am going to try deleting everything and see what happens then.

E2TA: That did it. But now I get to rebuild my inventory preferences. :-( I guess it was because I moved "OCD Inventory Control.ash" to a subfolder I set up called Inventory Mgmt.

Last edited:

cambot

So...I've had something weird happening with the script, and I'm not smart enough to figure out what's up.

Changing "tavern cellar" to "The Typical Tavern Cellar" would get rid of this message (zlib.ash, line 648)
autoSatisfyWithCloset => false
Pulling items from stash...
You acquire asbestos ore (121)
Transfer failed for awful poetry journal (143)
Movement of items failed.
Searching for "awful poetry journal"...
Search complete.
Purchasing awful poetry journal (143 @ 272)...
Purchases complete.
Transfer failed for divine champagne popper (104)
Movement of items failed.
Searching for "divine champagne popper"...
Search complete.
Purchasing divine champagne popper (41 @ 4,900)...
Purchasing divine champagne popper (1 @ 4,900)...
Purchasing divine champagne popper (3 @ 4,999)...
KoLmafia declares world peace.
autoSatisfyWithCloset => true
Nothing to do. I foresee no additional meat in your future.

The world peace lines are me mashing stop now. In short, the script just..isn't running properly. It just buys things, then loops itself doing that. I haven't let it run to see what happens if I were to run out of meat, because I'd rather not lose it all. Any ideas?

Fluxxdog

I think I might know what happened. Is your Hippy Stone broken? I've been attacked and had problems like that. I didn't put it together until today. Someone attacks you, steals an item, and causes a problem. Refreshing the session doesn't work. I'm not sure if the problem is KoL or mafia, but considering I still see the item stolen through the relay, I'm thinking KoL.

cambot

Well that did help. It cycled through the buys list 3 times or so, then started dumping things in the mall. Not ideal for stocking up on ascension stuff, but it's better than the alternative so far! Good idea, thanks Winterbay.

e - nope, I don't do PvP so it's remained intact for years.

Bale

Minion
I'm not sure what is up with that, but I can at least ensure that it doesn't pull anything from the stash again. (Seriously, why is mafia set to auto satisfy with the stash?) That should stop the problem from happening, whatever the cause was.

svn update ocd

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Auto satisfy with stash works just fine in my clan, thank you. My choice of OCD options is such that anything that is likely to be auto-satisfied gets dumped back if I have any left.

I answer rhetorical questions, too.

:)

ereinion

I get a warning: WARNING: Unreachable code (OCD Inventory Control.ash, line 597) when running this script.

That line is in the portion of the script which deals with kbaying items, so I'm guessing it has to do with you disabling that section considering that kbay is stepping down? I wouldn't really say that this is a big enough issue that you'd need to put in a lot of effort trying to fix it, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to make you aware of it at least :)

Bale

Minion
I am quite aware of it. I couldn't very well miss it.

I've decided to simply bypass that code until kBay actually does shut down on the off-chance that turias will redact the decision or someone will step up and take over its operation as turias suggested. If either of those things happens I can simply remove a single line and it will work again.

Mafia r13445 broke mall placing for OCD.

Proof:

I have wad of spider silk in my store. Set for 960,000 meat. I also have it in OCD database:
wad of spider silk - 0 to keep - Mall sale - no minimum price set.

I have also one extra wad in my inventory. Starting OCD Inventory Control.ash from Mafia Scripts menu.

r13444:
Code:
> call scripts\OCD Inventory Control.ash

WARNING: Unreachable code (OCD Inventory Control.ash, line 597)
mallsell 1 wad of spider silk
Sale price for this line: 2*222*222

Total mall sale = 2*222*222
Transferring items to store...
Items offered up for sale.

Anticipated monetary gain from inventory cleansing: 2*222*222 meat.
Result: I have 2 wads for 960,000 meat in mall.

r13447 (and all subsequent ones):
Code:

WARNING: Unreachable code (OCD Inventory Control.ash, line 597)
mallsell 1 wad of spider silk

(I think, that's identical, but I copy/pasted it from OCD just in case)
Result: I have 2 wads of spider silk in mall for price 999,999,999 meat.

Can you fix it, please?

Thank you.

Sincerely yours, Oleg Vladimirovych Bobryshev.

Bale

Minion
Using the OCD dB Manager relay script, under "Configure Script", what is your setting for "Mall Pricing"? Did you select "automatic" or "999,999,999 meat"?

Also, do you have any idea why there are asterisks in your sale price instead of commas? That's another mysterious thing.

Using the OCD dB Manager relay script, under "Configure Script", what is your setting for "Mall Pricing"? Did you select "automatic" or "999,999,999 meat"?
I never touched "Configure script" before. Checked. It's 999,999,999 now.

Setting it to "automatic" even more disastrous. In case of wad it is like that:
Code:

mallsell 1 wad of spider silk @ 2*222*222

And prices for all items (in that case - both wads of silk) became that mentioned in CLI. For wads it's 2,222,222. Reverted back: I tried to keep prices custom, and such automated pricing even worse than setting everything for 999M. At least I can trace 999M. :)
Also, do you have any idea why there are asterisks in your sale price instead of commas? That's another mysterious thing.
Well, it seems that KoLmafia forum translate copy-pasted space between digits that way. I tried to copy-paste it in txt-file and check in hex. It's not space (20H) indeed. It shown as space, but for me it's A0H. Either Mafia thing, or my Russian system, I dunno.

Bale

Minion
So, the "problem" is that you expected OCD to set the price to whatever your item is currently set for instead of setting it to 999,999,999 which is what it intends to do. It is performing as I'd expect.

I believe you are mistaken about the difference between r13444 and r13447. The difference is that in the later case, mafia's store manager is correctly reporting the state of the mall. If you would check the mall in the relay browser while using r13444, you'd see that mafia and KoL disagree about the price. That is what r13445 actually fixed.

Well, it seems that KoLmafia forum translate copy-pasted space between digits that way. I tried to copy-paste it in txt-file and check in hex. It's not space (20H) indeed. It shown as space, but for me it's A0H. Either Mafia thing, or my Russian system, I dunno.

Probably an interaction with your Cyrillic character set then. Seems plausible. I won't worry about it.

So, the "problem" is that you expected OCD to set the price to whatever your item is currently set for instead of setting it to 999,999,999 which is what it intends to do. It is performing as I'd expect.

I believe you are mistaken about the difference between r13444 and r13447. The difference is that in the later case, mafia's store manager is correctly reporting the state of the mall. If you would check the mall in the relay browser while using r13444, you'd see that mafia and KoL disagree about the price. That is what r13445 actually fixed.
Hmm. Actually, I didn't notice difference between Mafia and KoL. If it was fixed, it's good.

But question is totally different.

Before r13445 I could use OCD for filling my mall with my inventory items. Because I could totally rely on OCD to simply placing it on mall, doing nothing more. As I can do it thru Mafia, only more convenient.

Now I can use OCD only in two limited cases:
- If script set to 999,999,999, I totally can put all new/absent on mall things with OCD with maximum price. It's convenient and was working that way all time before. But all your old prices will be destroyed.
- If script set to "Automatic", old prices will be destroyed and set to current average. I totally can put everything that not very sensitive to sell price. Like angry farmer candies or elven medi-packs. It's extremely dangerous now for very fluctuating prices - like, say, Warbear accoutrements chunks that I lost completely during "Automatic" testing. It was put on mall for current average 21500 instead my 50000, and all my 100 chunks was sold in seconds, as lowest price was 25k at the moment. (It's my own fault, and used only as illustration here).

As you can see, both cases now doesn't work for any viable marketing strategy, destroying it. If you say that it's how OCD intended to work since the beginning, then can I ask for adding back former default option: don't change price for items that is already on mall? Thank you.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
After thinking over the issue, very carefully, I've decided that you are right. Your vision looks like it will be more beneficial to people's malls than mine. I've altered OCD to work the way you prefer. svn update ocd