Bug - Fixed writingDesksDefeated not tracked correctly

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Just updated to KoLmafia-15645, and writingDesksDefeated was not tracking (after multiple writing desk defeats).

Seemed to be fine in my last run (using 15631).

Ensiferum

Still not working in 15649. Probably related to all the current broken tracking (gremlins, hippies, etc).

You're fighting a writing desk
HP: 98, Atk: 97, Def: 97, Type: construct
Drops: disintegrating quill pen (15), inkwell (30), snifter of thoroughly aged brandy (30)

Nesheneneb provides the basic spell formatting, so you can just focus on the details.

CRITICAL HIT! "Pow!" you shout, clocking your opponent with an invisible fist-shaped bolt of telekinetic energy, for 195 damage. (Shouting "Pow!" isn't part of the spell or anything, it's just for fun.)

You win the fight!

You open all of the drawers in the now-still desk, but don't find any necklaces. (0/5 defeated)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
The bug in the thread you pointed to had nothing whatsoever to do with the bug reported here.

The bug in the thread you pointed to had nothing whatsoever to do with the bug reported here.

Miscounting is an issue of broken tracking and may have occured due to the same issue that caused the various tracking issues that are being alluded to by a few others in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Perhaps you are missing the fact that I am speaking from direct knowledge of the two issues. Perhaps you don't know who you are "correcting".

The other bug was introduced when I fixed recognizing monsters from the Haiku dungeon by, among other things, removing a "." from the end of the monster name. That screwed up recognizing the War Hippy F.R.O.G.

This bug was a result of ... some other ... revision that changed how we pick up the monster name during every round of a fight.

So, AFTER I told you outright that it did NOT occur as a result of the same issue, your response was to try to correct me?

Welcome to my "ignore" list.

Don't worry. I am sure that other KoLmafia devs will continue to listen to you.

Ensiferum

Can't say I am aware of "all the current broken tracking". Care to elaborate?
I see things have somewhat escalated while I have been out. Sorry that I had no time to clarify stuff earlier.

The "bugs" I mentioned seemed to all be related to the same thing (apparently monster name recognition during combat) - gremlins that had no tools were not recognized even when showing the appropriate message, battlefield wins were not counted toward progress property, desks counter was staying at 0/5 after every kill. Those were the 3 I personally encountered, there might have been others as well.

r15650 fixed the gremlins and desks. I suppose the battlefield and whatever else was related to the same issue is sorted as well.

Darzil

Developer
I knew what you were referring to, as there was much discussion in /hardcore about it as I tried to track it down, but due to the hour I was the only Mafia dev online, so no reason anyone else would know.