Bug - Not A Bug Sorceress Lair in Drop Down Top Menu

Lxndr

So, before the tower getting burned down, any time I hit level 13, the drop-down topmenu would automagically update to add the Sorceress' Lair. It successfully adds the Island when that happens, etc. etc. But the Lair does not show up in that drop-down menu anymore (unless i re-log-in).

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature request.

But I would be happier if the Lair was actually in the drop-down.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Does it show up if you manually reload the topmenu?

I think that was a KoL-provided link there, not one that mafia added, which makes this a KoL bug.

I've never used dropdowns and I can't look through mafia's code from this computer, so I'm not sure about that.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
KoLConstants.GOTO_MENU has an array of destinations that we add to the topmenu dropdown. The Sorceress' Lair is not on that list, and never has been. Therefore, if you have seen that in the dropdown, it is because KoL itself put it there for you.

If it is no longer behaving the way it used to, that is an issue with KoL itself, not KoLmafia.

This is Not a Bug.

Theraze

Yeah. KoL has a weird issue since the latest NS revamp where the lair only shows up after you reload the top menu after you break the prism. Might have to do with the lair being available from the very beginning, might just be because they missed something. But as Veracity said, this is not a (KoLmafia) bug. It's a bit of KoL weirdness which may or may not be considered a bug depending on the mood of the admins on the day you report it. :)

Bale

Minion
So, before the tower getting burned down, any time I hit level 13, the drop-down topmenu would automagically update to add the Sorceress' Lair. It successfully adds the Island when that happens, etc. etc. But the Lair does not show up in that drop-down menu anymore (unless i re-log-in).

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature request.

But I would be happier if the Lair was actually in the drop-down.

This is a good idea that was easy to add into my existing topmenu relay override so I added it just now. You'll find it listed in the Script Manager as "Bale's Topmenu"

That's two of your suggestions I just added. :D I'd actually added this feature yesterday and was about to release it when you posted that other thread. Good timing.

Last edited: