Bug - Fixed Combat stats in Ed without Manuel

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
I've been mucking around with a multi in Ed, and one of the things I notice is that Mafia's predicted combat stats (for characters without Manuel) reset when coming back from the Underworld. Now, the only stat I really care about is HP, but I can see the other stats being relevant.

Ensiferum

It's not working very well. It kept the stats for a few fights when I started playing turns then went back to reseting on every beatup.

Will keep an eye and try to figure out what's happening.

Last edited:

Ensiferum

Actually it's possible that it wasnt working at all and i just saw the HP numbers go in the negative when dealing damage more than the monster's current HP.
Even in a freshly started session it resets the values the moment you lose the fight.

Ensiferum

r15642 seems to have broken something. No monster data is available at all and the search filters in the skill/item dropdowns seem to be missing as well. There's a debug log being printed:

Code:
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
         KoLmafia v16.8 r15642, Windows XP, Java 1.6.0_26
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
 Please note: do not post this log in the KoLmafia thread of KoL's
 Gameplay-Discussion forum. If you would like the KoLmafia dev team
 to look at it, please write a bug report at kolmafia.us. Include
 specific information about what you were doing when you made this
 and include this log as an attachment.
 Timestamp: Fri Mar 27 14:06:11 EET 2015

Unexpected error, debug log printed.
class java.lang.NullPointerException: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestEditorKit.addFightModifiers(RequestEditorKit.java:1309)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestEditorKit.applyPageAdjustments(RequestEditorKit.java:454)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestEditorKit.getFeatureRichHTML(RequestEditorKit.java:306)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestEditorKit.getFeatureRichHTML(RequestEditorKit.java:220)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.RelayRequest.formatResponse(RelayRequest.java:381)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.run(GenericRequest.java:1449)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.RelayRequest.run(RelayRequest.java:2961)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestThread.postRequest(RequestThread.java:286)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestThread.postRequest(RequestThread.java:249)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.webui.RelayAgent.readServerResponse(RelayAgent.java:567)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.webui.RelayAgent.performRelay(RelayAgent.java:161)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.webui.RelayAgent.run(RelayAgent.java:134)

Ensiferum

Sorry, I was editing/deleting those multi-posts. I dont have characters with Manuel, so no idea about them. See the debug log above.

Darzil

Developer
I guess maybe you logged in whilst in a fight after Ed had been defeated once, perhaps? As such last monster isn't set, and we getting errors where that isn't checked for?

Ensiferum

I've tried multiple login/logouts with monsters fought and defeated between, no change. It's still printing debug logs on every monster encountered.

Ensiferum

Here's a full debug log, which appears to show a lot more null pointer exceptions. Maybe that'd be more helpful to figure out what's going on.

Attachments

• DEBUG_20150327.txt
    593.8 KB · Views: 28

Ensiferum

Something is still wonky. The NPEs are gone, but the first fight (taco cat in the palindome) had no monster stats at all. Initiating a combat in the war hippy camp still had no monster stats, then after undying it showed proper hippy monster stats.

After killing 2 hippies, I went back to the palindome and it's showing me a stench-aligned Racecar Bob with -1074 hp and war hippy fatigues drops.

I assume 1074 hp is the damage I dealt to the hippies in the previous fights.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Sorry, I hadn't bothered to log in yesterday on that character. Just logged in, looks to be working (although I didn't try anything crazy). Thanks!

Ensiferum

My character in run was out of turns after that last Racecar fight, so just got to testing it now. Seems to work fine for the few turns I tried - stats are kept between undeaths. Thanks!