New Content - Implemented New halloween candies

I'm not sure where to post this - I've been getting this since last Halloween. Copied from gCLI, I checked session log, nothing appears there.

Code:
Looking at item #8149...
Unknown item found: Glo-Pop (8149, 357068615)
--------------------
8149 Glo-Pop 357068615 glopop.gif usable t,d 5
Item Glo-Pop Effect: "Glo-Face", Effect Duration: 10
--------------------
--------------------
1808 Glo-Face glopop.gif bf01e3662c72b74e27b03e2eb95673a2 use 1 Glo-Pop
Effect Glo-Face MP Regen Min: 3, MP Regen Max: 5
--------------------
Looking at item #8150...
Unknown item found: sugar sphere (8150, 120351532)
--------------------
8150 sugar sphere 120351532 cueball.gif usable t,d 5
Item sugar sphere Effect: "Influence of Sphere", Effect Duration: 10
--------------------
--------------------
1811 Influence of Sphere cueball.gif 4dfa2fe0826855ffcb4930e145bd074f use 1 sugar sphere
Effect Influence of Sphere Pool Skill: +5
--------------------
Looking at item #8151...
Unknown item found: Shrubble Bubble (8151, 551227147)
--------------------
8151 Shrubble Bubble 551227147 nugglet.gif usable t,d 5
Item Shrubble Bubble Effect: "Jawin'", Effect Duration: 10
--------------------
--------------------
1807 Jawin' nugglet.gif 20d6ecccced82b95ff16ec9ef70314dd use 1 Shrubble Bubble
Effect Jawin' Moxie: +5
--------------------

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
This is the place to post it. Since no dev has seen these items, you can be confident that you will "continue to get this" until you bring it to our attention and one of use decides to use the info you posted.

Hard to understand why it is not in the session log, since we make a point of posting new item information there and every single time I find a new item, I get the info from my session log, rather than the gCLI.

Edit: Yup. I just did a mall search for "glo" and this showed up in my session log:

Code:
--------------------
8149	Glo-Pop	357068615	glopop.gif	usable	t,d	5
Item	Glo-Pop	Effect: "Glo-Face", Effect Duration: 10
--------------------
--------------------
1808	Glo-Face	glopop.gif	bf01e3662c72b74e27b03e2eb95673a2	use 1 Glo-Pop
Effect	Glo-Face	MP Regen Min: 3, MP Regen Max: 5
--------------------
I have no explanation why it is behaving for me exactly the way the code says it should, but is doing something for you that is exactly NOT what the code says it should be doing.

Last edited:
Since I already have these, the message appears when logging in. I have "session log records items acquired" checked (along with everything else there except "log adventures left"). I'm guessing that since these were already checked, they are not logged as new unknowns later - ?

So - auto-sold the glo-pop I had, re-started KOLMafia, then did a mall search, and sure enough, it's in the session log as you noted. It's just not logged when found during login, apparently.

I didn't post anything since I wasn't getting them in the session log with the recommended format for reporting. I figured they would get picked up eventually, not a high priority item. Then I noticed that when they were in storage, they just showed up as "unknown item #..." (something like that), and when I tried to pull them they seemed to remain in storage, as far as KOLMafia was concerned. However, I checked KOL, and it seemed that the pull was completed after all. At which point I figured it might be best to get these in process, even with the shortcomings.

My uncertainty was about whether a new thread is posted every time one or more new items are found, or whether there was a new items or similar thread somewhere that this would be appended to.

Honestly, you devs are almost always right on top of everything, it was out of recognition of that that I figured it would be taken care of in due course. But I also understand that you rely on the community as well to get actionable information. We're all in this together, eh? Obviously, some more involved than others.

r15613, btw.

Bale

Minion
My uncertainty was about whether a new thread is posted every time one or more new items are found, or whether there was a new items or similar thread somewhere that this would be appended to.

Post a new thread every time.

We like to mark threads implemented when they are taken care of so if you added onto such a thread it would confuse us. This thread is implemented, oh wait.. why is there something here that wasn't implemented... It must be implemented or else it would not be here. Yup! Safe to ignore this post since the thread is implemented.

Yeah, please post a new thread when you find stuff to implement unless there is already a thread for the exact thing that isn't implemented yet.

Darzil

Developer
r15614 - caps on Red in Tooth and Roly Poly are guesses, as they are unspaded on wiki other than being +X Meat Drop and Initiative respectively, where X are turns of the effect. I have none of either and am in hardcore, and not sure if I am interested enough in the answer to spend 500k+ to spade them!

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Post a new thread every time.

We like to mark threads implemented when they are taken care of so if you added onto such a thread it would confuse us. This thread is implemented, oh wait.. why is there something here that wasn't implemented... It must be implemented or else it would not be here. Yup! Safe to ignore this post since the thread is implemented.

Yeah, please post a new thread when you find stuff to implement unless there is already a thread for the exact thing that isn't implemented yet.

Just to pile on, KoLmafia.us has a dedicated group of minions and others with authority who are pretty good at splitting posts to make new threads and merging duplicates. Unlike other places on the net making the wrong decision about where something goes will not bring out Trolls with torches and pitchforks. But as noted, for something like this is it easier to create a new thread and someone will merge it if a new thread turns out to have been the wrong decision.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Hard to understand why it is not in the session log, since we make a point of posting new item information there and every single time I find a new item, I get the info from my session log, rather than the gCLI.
The answer: we don't open the session log until after you have refreshed the session after logging in. I don't see any reason to wait until then - especially since it will not log new items found in inventory, as observed here - so revision 15623 opens the session log after we log in but before we start visiting all the pages needed to refresh the session.

That also adds the plural for Shrubble Bubble.

I think this is implemented.