Mazximizer Behavior

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Observed in r15599. Going from memory because I cannot find the messages in a session log. These may be the intended/desired behavior in which case I'm curious as to why. Otherwise I will try and reproduce and log.

Running the mazimizer from the gUI I have seen several cases where the recommended action is remove and equip for both the main and off hand slots. Trying to execute those, acts like KoLmafia detected an error. If I manually empty the slots, I just get equip links that just work. One of the items was a 17-Alarm Saucepan but I don't think the specific item is a factor as much as selecting two one handed items for the two slots is.

Logically, to me anyway, removing and equipping the same item in the same slot should be a No OP or do nothing kind of thing. Am I missing something or would it be reasonable to ask that "remove & equip" never be reported to the user?

Running autoBasement, it stopped several times with a message to the effect that it was senseless to equip something offhand when there was nothing in the main hand. With my perhaps incomplete understanding it seems like the maximizer should just move the offhand item to the main hand and continue without comment. Is there an ability to force something into a particular slot, in which case this is a probably a bug in autoBasement?

Thanks.

Darzil

Developer
Would be really handy to have some examples, ideally cli logs adding 2 dump.

Usually remove & equip should only appear where it is removing something from one location and equipping to another, though there may still be some edge cases where it says that (such as when you have an item in the main hand, and it wants to equip one from inventory. In that case it may say "remove and equip", but will only actually do equip.

My recent fix to other issues may cause a re-occurrence of the issues caused by acquiring from equipped being higher priority than pulling from closet/stash. I bet that's it.