Feature - Implemented Display Current Combat count for Ed

TheUberFerret

It is nice to see what round of combat I am on but I'd really like to know how many times I've UNDYING'd in a given fight. Sometimes I lose track and it ends up costing me a Ka.

I'd suggest doing it something like this in the relay browser

Combat[1]: Round 3!

Combat[2]: Round 5!

etc.

Thanks!

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
This isn't as simple as it seems, since _edDefeats is updated before the page is displayed. I threw in some code locally that should show Fight 1 when you first start, but if you lose the moment you enter the first fight it shows Fight 2 because you already lost.

TheUberFerret

This isn't as simple as it seems, since _edDefeats is updated before the page is displayed. I threw in some code locally that should show Fight 1 when you first start, but if you lose the moment you enter the first fight it shows Fight 2 because you already lost.

Oh _edDefeats kind of does this. Cool. I just want it displayed in the relay browser mid combat. Would displaying _EdDefeats-1 be the thing I'm asking then? I'm not even sure.

Last edited:

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Suppose you use a relay override on fight.ash to display this. Why not just check the value of _edDefeats before the call to visit_url()?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The page load where you lose your HP, which is still the same fight, will have a value 1 higher. It seems like this would lead to confusion more than anything else.