Bug - Fixed Mafia tries to create excess items

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Precondition (probably): don't have the talisman o' nam.

Steps to reproduce:
1) get at least 4 gaudy keys.
2) use 2 gaudy keys.
3) watch as Mafia tries to create more snakehead charms

Some CLI output:
You have 20 gaudy keys.

Using 1 gaudy key.

You acquire an item: snakehead charrrm
Using 1 gaudy key.

You acquire an item: snakehead charrrm
Verifying ingredients for Talisman o' Nam (10)...
Verifying ingredients for snakehead charrrm (18)...
Creating snakehead charrrm (1 of 18)...
Creation failed, no results detected.

Mafia should probably only try to create 1 talisman o' nam, not as many as possible.

Bale

Minion
Merged bug reports because they have the same underlying cause. I expect a dev will scold me if I am wrong and if so, I'll unmerge.

Edit: I think I was wrong. Unmerged. See following post!

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
I believe that this is a more generic item creation bug than Heeheehee believed. Note what just happened to me:

> find spooky glove

Verifying ingredients for spooky glove (1)...
Searching for "small leather glove"...
Search complete.
Purchasing small leather glove (1 @ 2,000)...
Purchases complete.
Creating spooky glove (1)...
You acquire an item: spooky glove
You acquire an item: spooky glove
Successfully created spooky glove (2)

Note that I asked for only one spooky glove, but since I had two spooky fairy gravy it tried to make two gloves.

Unlike with Heeheehee's previous Talisman O' Nam incident, it did succeed in creating two spooky gloves. I checked my inventory in the relay browser and there are definitely two of them.

Theraze

I've also seen mafia over-pulling items recently, where I ask for one item and end up pulling two. Which, if I actually played SC in any sort of optimal way, would be quite depressing. As it's my lazy SC runs, it just means I end up short an item for rollover. Oh well.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I believe that this is a more generic item creation bug than Heeheehee believed.
Heeheehee was reporting an issue with autoCrafting. In particular, the following code:

Code:
		int possible = creator.getQuantityPossible();

if ( possible > 0 )
		{
			// Make as many as you can
			ResultProcessor.autoCrafting = true;
			creator.setQuantityNeeded( possible );
			RequestThread.postRequest( creator );
			ResultProcessor.autoCrafting = false;
		}
This should attempt to make exactly one, rather than "as many as you can".

That has nothing to do with "acquire" saying "make one" and it ends up making two. I have never seen that.

I've also seen mafia over-pulling items recently, where I ask for one item and end up pulling two.
Which, of course, also has nothing whatsoever to do with "creating" items. I have also never seen this happen; I have been pulling single (or multiples) of items from the Item Manager and it pulls exactly as many as I ask for. Now, if you are out of Ronin, I believe it will pull all you have, in order to cut down on server hits when you immediately ask it to pull another one. Since I like to keep my stuff in Storage, I don't like that, but it's not a big deal.

Which, if I actually played SC in any sort of optimal way, would be quite depressing. As it's my lazy SC runs, it just means I end up short an item for rollover. Oh well.
Well, rather than just an anecdote, you'll have to tell us exactly what you did. Item Manager? CLI command? What? Can I see your session log with the erroneous acquisition, please?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I've also seen mafia over-pulling items recently, where I ask for one item and end up pulling two. Which, if I actually played SC in any sort of optimal way, would be quite depressing. As it's my lazy SC runs, it just means I end up short an item for rollover. Oh well.

I do play optimalish SC (at this point I consider 3 day runs to be too slow for me), so I would notice if it ever happened, and I have not seen it happen.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I do play optimalish SC (at this point I consider 3 day runs to be too slow for me), so I would notice if it ever happened, and I have not seen it happen.
Heh. I'm content with 3-day SC runs. Considering that I can do a 3-day HC runs in some paths (such as my most recent Ed run), that should tell you how "optimal" I am. Not. SC is HARD.

Of course, I'm currently doing SC so that I can can farm swagger, so a fair number of my day 1 & 2 pulls are rollover +fite equipment, not things which actually speed up the run.

Theraze

Well, rather than just an anecdote, you'll have to tell us exactly what you did. Item Manager? CLI command? What? Can I see your session log with the erroneous acquisition, please?

Through the Modifier Maximizer, with one item as what I requested and it pulled two. There are two lines of fleece pulls. *shrugs* This was a character on 2015-03-01.
pull: 1 bounty-hunting helmet, 1 bounty-hunting rifle, 1 bounty-hunting pants

pull: 2 natty blue ascot

pull: 1 Ye Olde Navy Fleece

equip hat bounty-hunting helmet

equip weapon bounty-hunting rifle

pull: 1 Ye Olde Navy Fleece

equip shirt Ye Olde Navy Fleece

equip pants bounty-hunting pants

equip acc1 droll monocle

equip acc2 natty blue ascot

equip acc3 natty blue ascot

pull: 1 warbear plain fedora

pull: 1 tambourine

pull: 1 white snakeskin duster

pull: 1 Caveman Dan's favorite rock

pull: 1 Gauntlets of the Blood Moon

pull: 1 warbear party pants

pull: 1 studded sealhide shield

pull: 1 first-aid pouch

equip hat warbear plain fedora

equip weapon tambourine

equip off-hand studded sealhide shield

equip shirt white snakeskin duster

equip pants warbear party pants

equip acc1 Gauntlets of the Blood Moon

equip acc2 Caveman Dan's favorite rock

equip acc3 first-aid pouch

pull: 2 Bonerdagon necklace

pull: 1 little round pebble

pull: 1 little round pebble

equip off-hand little round pebble

equip pants Brimstone Boxers

pull: 1 Bonerdagon necklace

equip acc2 Bonerdagon necklace

pull: 1 Bonerdagon necklace

equip acc3 Bonerdagon necklace
As to why mafia decided that the best way to get a fleece when it had already pulled the fleece was to pull another? No clue.

But as you pointed out, unrelated to this issue. If I can replicate it, I'll create another bug report like the two currently hanging out with debug logs. Until then, it's anecdotal with only session logs to back me up.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Ah. So that would be a an issue with the Maximizer. There are existing bug reports about it having issues acquiring or pulling the right number of items.

I believe that this is a more generic item creation bug than Heeheehee believed. Note what just happened to me:

Note that I asked for only one spooky glove, but since I had two spooky fairy gravy it tried to make two gloves.

Unlike with Heeheehee's previous Talisman O' Nam incident, it did succeed in creating two spooky gloves. I checked my inventory in the relay browser and there are definitely two of them.

Did you perhaps have a warbear induction oven installed?

Darzil

Developer
Ah. So that would be a an issue with the Maximizer. There are existing bug reports about it having issues acquiring or pulling the right number of items.

I'll try to look at that next time I'm in aftercore with time. I suspect (without having checked the code) that it's something to do with the code I added to pre-acquire multiples. I hadn't realised at the time that maximizer had two commands in some command strings. When it acquires early for an item I should remove the pull requirement. Only a guess, as I haven't checked the code.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 15572 will only auto-create a single item, rather than "as many as you can". Near as I can tell, it only applies to snakehead charms, since KoL will never give you too many of any other ingredient that we use to autocraft into an item, but, whatever.