Feature - Rejected Xiblaxian Counter

syrinxlui

Hi mafia coders,

Are there any plans to put a Xiblaxian countdown timer into the relay browser? I notice that mafia can predict when the next drop is, but typing "get _holoWristProgress" is a bit tedious. It's a bit weird that the counter only goes down on combats, which I can't think of being implemented before. Maybe the counter could be displayed with the rest of the counters on the assumption that the rest of turns are combats? Then if you hit a noncombat the Xiblaxian counter just doesn't decrement.

Thanks for considering. Displaying turns until next Xiblaxian drop would be much appreciated.

SyrinxLui

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
It's a bit weird that the counter only goes down on combats, which I can't think of being implemented before.
There are a lot of things that work that way, such as Pantsgiving and stinky cheese.

I think this is going to be left to scripts to handle, since I don't like the idea of constantly removing and recreating counters. Here is a script that supposedly adds that to ChIT.

Bale

Minion
What a nice idea! I'll have to look into adding a Xiblaxian brick if chit.helpers.xiblaxian is true and the user has a helper brick. Sorry, ckb. I hadn't even noticed you'd added something similar because I keep the tracker disabled ever since Ezandora released Guide.

And nobody bothered to tell me that someone made such an add-on for ChIT. I have no idea how people modify my script sometimes.

Anyway, ckb, once I make Xiblaxian info part of default ChIT, do you want me to delete that from the tracker brick, leave it, or other?

Bale

Minion
Started looking at this. Oh, goddess that display is hideously ugly. Seriously need to consider how to make it look decent because I'm not committing until I give it a makeover.

Bale

Minion
I just went to register on the AfH forum to comment in that thread. So I needed to create an account and found out that creating an account on their forum is actually impossible.

To ensure I am not a spambot I need to check bmaher's profile for a code to enter in my registration forum. It says, "Check bmaher's profile for the code: This question is a means of identifying and preventing automated submissions." Unfortunately when I try, it says, "The board requires you to be registered and logged in to view profiles." Seriously! It's a Catch-22 so either they don't want uninvited guests joining their forum or the anti-spam protection got away from them.

lostcalpolydude: Could you tell me the secret code necessary to register on your forum, or is it on purpose that I cannot do so?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I just went to register on the AfH forum to comment in that thread. So I needed to create an account and found out that creating an account on their forum is actually impossible.

To ensure I am not a spambot I need to check bmaher's profile for a code to enter in my registration forum. It says, "Check bmaher's profile for the code: This question is a means of identifying and preventing automated submissions." Unfortunately when I try, it says, "The board requires you to be registered and logged in to view profiles." Seriously! It's a Catch-22 so either they don't want uninvited guests joining their forum or the anti-spam protection got away from them.

lostcalpolydude: Could you tell me the secret code necessary to register on your forum, or is it on purpose that I cannot do so?

Luckily my KoL profile does not require being logged in to that forum to view.

Bale

Minion
OH! I assumed that a forum registration must be referring to something on the forum and somebody screwed it up.

That worked. Thanks. I might not be the only one who decided not to register because of that trick so it might want to give a more specific clue.