Feature - Implemented Add "drawers searched" counter after combats in the Haunted Kitchen

The Spookyraven billiards room key drops after searching 21 drawers in the Haunted Kitchen. It would be awesome to get a progress indicator after fights there. (x/21 drawers searched)

This count is already tracked as manorDrawerCount=x.

Bale

Minion
This seems an extremely reasonable request which would be helpful for people who don't regularly use Ezandora's Guide.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I like it too. I just go until I am done, but I wouldn't mind feedback to tell me how much more there is to do, a la the writing desks in the library.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I just did 7 adventures in the Haunted Kitchen and opened 3 drawers each time. I watched it count from 3/21 up to 21/21, after the 1st through seventh adventures.

On my eighth adventure there, I opened 4 drawers, the counter told me I had opened 21/21, and I got the key.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The check for increasing drawer count is skipped if you have the key already, which I guess is parsed before getting to that part of the page. I guess the decoration should do the same.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I was confused to see that I had opened 21/21 on my seventh adventure, since that implied (to me) that I was done - but there was no key. Since I did not get the key after opening 21 drawers, I take it that it really requires 22? In which case, perhaps "x/22" would be less confusing.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
No, you need to start a combat with 21 drawers already checked (going from 20 to 24 still means you have to do another combat for the key). It's probably a KoL bug that is now a feature.

Bale

Minion
Yeah, but how can that be easily described to the user.... "(x/21 drawers plus one adventure)"

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
15558 adds "key next combat" if you reach 21, and also doesn't show progress if you have the key (which also skips useless page processing for anyone who sticks around after getting the key).