Feature - Rejected Monster Factoid tracking

ckb

Minion
Staff member
It would be sweet if Mafia had some internal support to get number of factoids for each monster. Either through an ash function or a proxy record for $monster[].

Not sure how this would work, maybe parsing manual at login and tracking when another factoid was gained. I can do this with some scripts and a data file and loading a custom map for tracking, but it would be awesome to have this available natively.

adeyke

Parsing the Manuel would require downloading 27 pages, some of which are rather massive. That's really not the sort of thing that should happen each login, especially since the data wouldn't be used in most sessions.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I don't think this is going to happen. On the other hand, with both Veracity and me having nearly-complete factoids, maybe one of us will decide it's a fun project one day.

Crowther

BatBrain tracks factoids. It's pretty efficient at it too. Only scanning Manuel when absolutely needed.

Magus_Prime

I like, and use, the Batbrain/Batman tracking but it only works if you use Batbrain as part of your combat suite. If you don't use it it can't track newly added factoids.

Theraze

Well, you can use Factroid to rescan for BatBrain anytime you need to. If you are not using BatBrain for a few weeks because you're on vacation without mafia (why would you do that?!) and you've come back and want to rescan, just launch Factroid and BatBrain will be right back up to date...