Bug - Not A Bug Vamping Out Broken

LordAo

Vamping Out has been working splendidly, but with within the past week (I'm sorry, I don't have the exact build number) it gets stuck half-way through execution.

The CLI shows the following:

Encounter: Interview With You
Encounter: Interview With You - Goal Prince of Seaside Town and Sceptre of the Torremolinos Prince
Manual control requested for choice #546

I just log in and key in the required steps to complete it, but I tried it on a character with fangs and on one that needed to purchase the book: both have the same problem.

Darzil

Developer
Oh, and make sure your version is r15522 or later, as KoL added a space which stopped most parsing of non-combats working.

xKiv

Umm. I got the latest daily build from the SVN server and it's 15494: not sure how to get 15522. :confused:

If you are stuck on a historical revision when updating, you have somehow switched your workspace to not-HEAD and it won't track HEAD until you explicitly update back to HEAD.
Or get a fresh checkout, that's often less pain.

LordAo

I'm just clicking on the "Latest EXE Build: KoLmafia.exe " link and copying it to the directory, which is how I've always updated it to the latest daily build. I have no idea how to switch a workspace to anything.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I'm just clicking on the "Latest EXE Build: KoLmafia.exe " link and copying it to the directory, which is how I've always updated it to the latest daily build. I have no idea how to switch a workspace to anything.

Two lines below that link, there's a link to a .jar file. You should probably use that instead, if the .exe file isn't being updated.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
The SVN revision posts, which link to the builds, say this:

Every new revision posted within the hour.
New EXE builds every Monday.

Which could hardly be more explicit in telling you that "the Latest EXE Build" is NEVER "the latest daily build" except for the very short time after it has been built before any other code changes have been submitted. If it is really built "every Monday", then if you download it on Sunday night, it is almost a week out of date.

There is no reason to not get the .jar files, rather than the .exe file.

Bale

Minion

xKiv thought that when you said you "got the latest daily build from the SVN server" that you meant you got it from the SVN server. If you said you were downloading it from http://builds.kolmafia.us/ he would have given a different answer you could understand.

First of all, the latest EXE build does seem to be stuck at r15494 which is a problem I will bring to fewyn's attetion. Secondly, I recommend you download a jar build instead since that is working just fine. Just download the jar to the same place you normally put the EXE and execute it just like you would the EXE build. If java is set up properly on your system that should be painless.

Edit: Double-ninja'ed. I was slowed down because I took the time to check to see if the EXE build actually did break along with the commit log.

Bale

Minion
Every new revision posted within the hour.
New EXE builds every Monday.

I'm not sure that is true anymore. The note on the builds page says that the EXE is built every night at 12:30 AM. Anyway, the current EXE is older than this last Monday. I just checked. It is r15494 which was built on Thursday, Feb 26. It's definitely older than it should be. This is now reported in the current thread about the recent server change since this broke at that time.