Bug - Fixed Failure to disambiguate guard turtle/french guard turtle

ckb

Minion
Staff member
I believe Mafia is failing to differentiate between monsters of the same KOL name but different type.
For instance, it no longer can tell the difference between a 'french guard turtle' and a 'guard turtle'
I thought that it did before, based on monster image, and maybe attack/defense/hp from manuel.

Related to this:
http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?17961-Encounter-not-found

Darzil

Developer
Strange. Can you check what the image is?

It is listed in consequences.txt, and the disambiguation there for Ninja Snowmen and Orcish Frat Boys is working fine for me.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
A ha. OK, monsters.txt says:

Code:
french guard turtle	0	frenchturtle.gif	Atk: 140 Def: 126 HP: 140 Init: 140 P: beast	guard turtle shell (0)	guard turtle collar (0)
guard turtle	0	guardturtle4.gif	Atk: 140 Def: 126 HP: 140 Init: 140 P: beast	guard turtle shell (0)	guard turtle collar (0)
and consequences.txt says:

Code:
MONSTER	Guard Turtle	frenchturtle\.gif	"French Guard Turtle"
So, yes - the capitalization of the monster in consequences.txt has to agree with monsters.txt

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I believe Mafia is failing to differentiate between monsters of the same KOL name but different type.
For instance, it no longer can tell the difference between a 'french guard turtle' and a 'guard turtle'
I thought that it did before, based on monster image, and maybe attack/defense/hp from manuel.
Fixed in revision 15540

I have no reason to believe that thread shows a KoLmafia error; the monsters it mention either do not require disambiguation, or their capitalization matches in monsters.txt and consequences.txt and they therefore disambiguate correctly - as Darzil reported.

Which means that your report is in no way "related" to the other thread.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Here is an example of my recent (today) exploration through the Island Barracks as a TT:

Code:
[994] The Island Barracks
Encounter: guard turtle
Round 0: ckb1 loses initiative!
Round 1: ck-Breach engulfs your opponent. It comes out looking slightly younger and less powerful.
Round 1: guard turtle drops 24 attack power.
Round 1: guard turtle drops 24 defense.
You lose 8 hit points
Round 1: ckb1 executes a macro!
Round 1: ckb1 attacks!
Round 2: guard turtle takes 128 damage.
Round 2: Just as it goes to attack you, ck-Breach sends it back in time by a few seconds and the attack never happens.
Round 2: ckb1 attacks!
Round 3: guard turtle takes 127 damage.
Round 3: ckb1 wins the fight!
You gain 5 hit points
You gain 4 Muscularity Points
You acquire an item: guard turtle shell
You gain 21 Beefiness
You gain 9 Magicalness
You gain 10 Smarm
> 

[995] The Island Barracks
Encounter: guard turtle
Round 0: ckb1 wins initiative!
Round 1: ck-Breach engulfs your opponent. It comes out looking slightly younger and less powerful.
Round 1: guard turtle drops 24 attack power.
Round 1: guard turtle drops 24 defense.
Round 1: ckb1 executes a macro!
Round 1: ckb1 casts APPRIVOISEZ LA TORTUE!
Round 2: Just as it goes to attack you, ck-Breach sends it back in time by a few seconds and the attack never happens.
Round 2: ckb1 casts APPRIVOISEZ LA TORTUE!
Round 3: Just as it goes to attack you, ck-Breach sends it back in time by a few seconds and the attack never happens.
Round 3: ckb1 casts APPRIVOISEZ LA TORTUE!
Round 4: Just as it goes to attack you, ck-Breach sends it back in time by a few seconds and the attack never happens.
Round 4: ckb1 casts APPRIVOISEZ LA TORTUE!
Round 5: Just as it goes to attack you, ck-Breach sends it back in time by a few seconds and the attack never happens.
Round 5: ckb1 casts APPRIVOISEZ LA TORTUE!
>

There is no noticeable difference between the 'guard turtle' and the 'french guard turtle', even though Mafia has data for both.

In fact this necessitated a change in nemesis.ash from:
PHP:
if ( last_monster() == $monster[ French Guard turtle ] )

to:
PHP:
if (page.contains_text("frenchturtle.gif"))

because there was no longer an identification of the french-ness.

Edit: ninja'd by Veracity... again!

Last edited: