Bug - Fixed Spoilers for Fernswarthy's Basement

Ethelred

It looks like the spoilers for Fernwarthy's Basement got broken between r15460 and r15461. I'm posting this for a couple of clannies who don't have kolmafia.us accounts, so I'm not sure exactly what is missing. We spent a couple of hours narrowing down the range and see that r15461 modifies kolmafia/webui/BasementDecorator.java, so we feel fairly confident that this is where the problem was introduced.

To reproduce the problem, visit Fernwarthy's Basement using r15460 or earlier and see the spoilers. Visit using r15461 or later and notice that the spoliers are missing. This was observed on 2 different versions of Windows (Windows 7 and 8.1) and both Firefox and Internet Explorer (don't have the versions of those, but can obtain if needed).

Hope this is enough info to find the problem (and that there is a problem and I'm not just wasting someone's time).

Still seeing errors from BasementDecorator with r15512
Code:
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
        KoLmafia v16.8 r15512, Windows 8.1, Java 1.8.0_25
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
 Please note: do not post this log in the KoLmafia thread of KoL's
 Gameplay-Discussion forum. If you would like the KoLmafia dev team
 to look at it, please write a bug report at kolmafia.us. Include
 specific information about what you were doing when you made this
 and include this log as an attachment.
 Timestamp: Sun Mar 01 20:10:26 GMT 2015

Unexpected error, debug log printed.
class java.lang.NullPointerException: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.webui.BasementDecorator$StatBooster.<init>(BasementDecorator.java:431)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.BasementRequest.getStatBoosters(BasementRequest.java:1264)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.BasementRequest.getStatBoosters(BasementRequest.java:1310)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.webui.BasementDecorator.addBasementSpoilers(BasementDecorator.java:228)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.webui.BasementDecorator.decorate(BasementDecorator.java:91)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestEditorKit.applyPageAdjustments(RequestEditorKit.java:397)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestEditorKit.getFeatureRichHTML(RequestEditorKit.java:306)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestEditorKit.getFeatureRichHTML(RequestEditorKit.java:220)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.RelayRequest.formatResponse(RelayRequest.java:381)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.run(GenericRequest.java:1447)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.RelayRequest.run(RelayRequest.java:2935)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestThread.postRequest(RequestThread.java:286)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestThread.postRequest(RequestThread.java:249)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.webui.RelayAgent.readServerResponse(RelayAgent.java:567)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.webui.RelayAgent.performRelay(RelayAgent.java:161)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.webui.RelayAgent.run(RelayAgent.java:134)

Ethelred

Looks like the spoilers for Fernwarthy's Basement are missing again. They were working in r15523 but are not in r15533. Sould I create a new thread for this or is this post sufficient? Thanks for keeping things running during this period of many changes.

I see that r15525 and r15526 (at least) potentially affect that area.

Last edited: