Bug - Waiting for Info In HC Ed, but mafia is convinced my char is in aftercore

antimarty

I ascended my multi coyotik (#1486285) into hardcore Ed, but mafia still thinks he is in aftercore for some reason. This is day 3 now, with multiple logins on newly updated builds, and it's always the same. So Mafia wants to use everything in hagnk's for food, drink, maximizing; can_interact() returns true; my custom breakfast script just spent all his meat on 11 raffle tickets with cash from inventory instead of hagnk's :(

Any obvious thing to check? I assume it's not happening to lots of folks because I don't see any bug reports.

Darzil

Developer
What preferences do they have for:
lastKingLiberation
kingLiberated

What is their ascension count on their Character Sheet ?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Looks like settings got transferred from another account somehow (imperfect character transition on mafia's part that unfortunately probably won't get tracked down any time soon). Setting kingLiberated=false and lastKingLiberation=-1 should fix it here.

psly4mne

Something weird must have happened to set lastKingLiberation liberation to 180. AFAIK, Kolmafia will never do that. You can probably fix the problem by setting kingLiberated=false and lastKingLiberation=180.

But Kolmafia will also not check whether you've freed the king, if you're in Ed (AccountRequest.java line 698). It seems to me that that can be changed, because api.php includes "freedralph":0 for me in HC Ed. Unless freedralph becomes 1 when you start the level 13 quest? Will have to check that.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
But Kolmafia will also not check whether you've freed the king, if you're in Ed (AccountRequest.java line 698). It seems to me that that can be changed, because api.php includes "freedralph":0 for me in HC Ed. Unless freedralph becomes 1 when you start the level 13 quest? Will have to check that.

It changes to 1 after you beat the adventurer, before you unlock the warehouse. I mentioned it in /dev, but I don't expect KoL to change.

antimarty

Changing the preferences did fix it - thanks, folks.

I don't know where that lastKingLiberation=180 would have come from; my other chars are both 250+ ascensions.

chown

I'm having a similar-sounding issue (but presumably with a different cause) after dropping the Ed path. I dropped it immediately after defeating "You the Adventurer". KoL has the gash available to me, as if I had freed the King. However, I'm still hardcore, which Mafia recognizes. Yet Mafia also returns true from can_interact(). Is there a way to resolve this?

Code:
> ash can_interact()

Returned: true

> ashwiki can_interact

> ash in_hardcore()

Returned: true

> set kingLiberated

true

> set lastKingLiberation

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
This is a weird edge-case where you're still in-run but you can ascend. I feel like this is more of a KoL bug than anything.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Is there any good reason to drop the run at that point? I guess if you're low on turns and only wanted the factoid.

This seems like an edge case that is unlikely to be fixed on KoL's end (since it's an old path) and probably isn't worth handling in mafia.

chown

I want to avoid getting Ed skill points, in the interest of testing my version of Zen00's ascension script. (I don't mind getting karma, though, so I didn't see any reason to drop hardcore.) So, maybe not a good reason. But a reason, anyway. I'll just drop hardcore as well.

chown

Okay, just for the record, dropping hardcore didn't fix the problem, because I still have a few turns of ronin, which Mafia fails to recognize.