Bug - Fixed Strange Maximizer Behavior

Cool12309

I'm pretty sure this all started when Darzil was messing around with the maximizer code.

Right now, when I maximize for item, mafia suggests wearing a hand in glove (while wearing a light) to give +5% item. It does not seem to even consider the wossname I have in inventory, even when I have it equipped it wants to wear the hand in glove. This dump seems to be the reason:

Code:
SLOT 0
[bounty-hunting helmet, Crown of Thrones, Brimstone Beret, Hairpiece On Fire]
SLOT 1
[bounty-hunting rifle]
SLOT 2
[A Light that Never Goes Out, Half a Purse]
SLOT 3
[Buddy Bjorn]
SLOT 4
[flaming pink shirt]
SLOT 5
[Pantsgiving]
SLOT 6
[stinky cheese eye, frosty halo, astral mask, musty moccasins, monstrous monocle, Treads of Loathing, Hand in Glove]
SLOT 7
[gnawed-up dog bone, Stick-Knife of Loathing, Work is a Four Letter Sword]
SLOT 8
[iFlail, Sheila Take a Crossbow]
SLOT 9
[Snow Suit]
SLOT 10
[]
SLOT 11
[]
SLOT 12
[wristwatch of the white knight]
SLOT 13
[iFlail, gnawed-up dog bone, Stick-Knife of Loathing, Sheila Take a Crossbow, Work is a Four Letter Sword]
SLOT 14
[]
SLOT 15
[]
SLOT 16
[]
SLOT 17
[]
SLOT 18
[]
SLOT 19
[]
SLOT 20
[]
Outfits []

For reference, my string is "item, equip stinky cheese eye, equip pantsgiving, -back, dump", with a grim brother bjornified and an angry jung man for my familiar. I remove things from the string right to left as I don't need them (I get my mask and 2 tales, get my 2 fullness, and charge my stinky eye/diaper), and this issue occurs up to "item, equip stinky cheese eye". At that point, when I remove the eye from the string, it no longer suggests the hand in glove.

Also, for a less detailed bug (as it's been a while since I've seen it due to ascending and such), using an angry jung man at about 50 or 60 pounds, when maximizing "2 meat, item" after removing the stinky cheese eye, mafia suggests the Belt of Loathing (which I'm pretty sure is the best accessory to take its place). It says the score will go down by about 355, though it does actually improve the score once equipped.

Darzil

Developer
Actually, I think I've worked it out. When considering how many accessories to pass through, it should discount halos when one or more is specified

Edit - No it was simpler than that, was just stupidly incrementing total AND reducing number required if an item was specified. Only actually mattered for accessories. There was also an edge case where you could specify an accessory that would also have been automatically picked, which would have also been double counted.

r15489

Last edited: