Bug - Fixed Barrrney's Barrr not available even though it is

bombar

Using build 15452, I try to use the autoadventure to farm some Ka in Barrney's Barr and its claiming I'm not allowed to:

Code:
Validating adventure sequence...

That area is not available.

[136] Barrrney's Barrr
Encounter: tetchy pirate
Round 0: bombar wins initiative!
Round 1: tetchy pirate takes 8 damage.
Validating adventure sequence...

That area is not available.

Round 1: bombar executes a macro!
Round 1: bombar casts SUMMON LOVE SCARABS!

First I tried to do it while not already in combat, setting no condition and 10 adventures, already wearing the pirate outfit.

Then I figured I would start the combat and maybe then it would see its already there, but even that produced the same error. I then had to manually finish the combat which is why you see the round info.

Edit Update:
And now all of suddenly it started working after I bought two upgrades for Ed (the 30 cap spleen, and elemental upgrade 2), I did notice one weird thing that I saw and was trying to reproduce before logging a bug report and I think it might be related.
It seemed like I got stuck in Ed's Limit Mode for a while after going to the underworld once. I knew this because of two things.

1) My fullness indicators disappeared from both the relay browser, and even on the kolmafia left UI left side.
2) When I bought a fortune cookie in the relay browser it only gave me the choice to smash, not eat or smash.

Last edited:

bombar

Using relay browser, manually clicking on the portal, then manually clicking on the return to fight button.

I think I figured out why its happening since it just occurred again. I think it might have to do when you get back to the fight and the monster dies before you have a chance to act:
Code:
[193] Barrrney's Barrr
Encounter: toothy pirate
Round 1: toothy pirate takes 10 damage.
Round 1: bombar casts SUMMON LOVE SCARABS!
Round 2: toothy pirate takes 10 damage.
You gain 3 Mana Points
Round 2: toothy pirate takes 5 damage.
Round 2: bombar casts FIST OF THE MUMMY!
Round 3: toothy pirate takes 97 damage.
Round 3: Pahorptah waves around a censer of mystical incense.
Round 3: toothy pirate takes 3 damage.
You lose 67 hit points
Encounter: Like a Bat Into Hell
You gain 62 hit points
Encounter: Underworld Body Shop
You acquire an item: mummified beef haunch
You acquire an item: talisman of Renenutet
You acquire an item: talisman of Horus
Encounter: Like a Bat out of Hell
Encounter: toothy pirate
Round 1: toothy pirate takes 12 damage.
Round 1: bombar wins the fight!
You gain 51 Meat
You acquire an item: bottle of rum
You acquire an item: Ka coin (3)
You gain 11 Beefiness
You gain 27 Magicalness
You gain 9 Sarcasm

It happened here, as you can see when I came back my poison plant killed it before I had a chance to act.

And now this is what my UI looks like: http://imgur.com/l4TR6Ip
And I'm getting the "That area is not available." error message again when trying to auto run in the Barr

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
There are other weird things that happen when that occurs. For example, the green sidepane no longer says that I have a stomach or liver. Nothing I tried fixed it, short of logging off and restarting.

bombar's screen shot shows that same thing.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Mafia sets limitmode every time it checks api.php, where KoL reports 0 normally and mafia changes that to null. I don't understand why that wouldn't trigger when refreshing status, even if the ChoiceManager code failed to clear it to begin with.

Magus_Prime

Bombar's reasoning may have pinpointed what happened in my bug reports from earlier today. The character died in a fight in the black forest just after the Staff of Ed was broken into components. I went to The Underworld, re-entered the fight and the monster died before I could act.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Bombar's reasoning may have pinpointed what happened in my bug reports from earlier today. The character died in a fight in the black forest just after the Staff of Ed was broken into components. I went to The Underworld, re-entered the fight and the monster died before I could act.

Right, the fundamental issue is the same, and I still don't understand how it can happen.

bombar

Next time I run into the issue I can do a
Code:
ashq print(visit_url("api.php?what=status&for=kolmafia"));
and pastebin the results, unless there is a better url to visit.