Bug - Fixed Getting multiple of an equipment from storage doesn't work like the maximizer expects

xKiv

I played too late yesterday, so rollover hit, and now I have 20 pulls for the tower contests. Naturally, I budgeted 20, opened maximizer, entered "initiative", enabled pullable/buyable, updated.
Then I selected a few of the offered options: 2* sheila take a crossbow (hand and offhand), brimstone boxers.
Maximizer attempted to pull two sheila take a crossbows, and the second pull failed, because the first one pulled all of them already:
Code:
> budget 20

20 pulls budgeted for automatic use, 20 pulls remaining.
Maximizing...
24700 combinations checked, best score 629.00, best since last = 686.00
Pulling items from storage...
[Sheila Take a Crossbow] requested, but none available.
> inv sheila

Sheila Take a Crossbow (2)

Very edge-case, and workable around by executing twice, but still presumably not desirable behavior.

xKiv

Actually, it doesn't seem to be about multiples of items at all. This time I maxized fites and adventures, selected pikestaff+numberwang+solidweirdness, clicked "exec selected" and got
Code:
Shrugging off your buff...
Ode to Booze removed.
Maximizing...
90 combinations checked, best score 32.00, best since last = 940.88
Maximizing...
6048 combinations checked, best score 145.00, best since last = 145.00
[plexiglass pikestaff] requested, but none available.

> inv pikes

plexiglass pikestaff

> inv numberwan

numberwang

> inv solid s

solid shifting time weirdness

That looks suspiciously like the maximizer first pulls everything, and tries to pull it again.

Theraze

Looks like it's just behaving oddly in terms of the maximizer in general now. The results of 3 sets of Equip All:
Verifying ingredients for bounty-hunting helmet (1)...
You need 15 more filthy lucre to continue.
You need 1 more droll monocle to continue.
You need 2 more natty blue ascot to continue.
You need 1 more Ye Olde Navy Fleece to continue.

> budget 20

20 pulls budgeted for automatic use, 20 pulls remaining.
[bounty-hunting helmet] requested, but none available.
Maximizing...
30814 combinations checked, best score 1,700.76

> budget 0

0 pulls budgeted for automatic use, 14 pulls remaining.
Putting on bounty-hunting helmet...
Equipment changed.
Putting on Ye Olde Navy Fleece...
Equipment changed.
Putting on bounty-hunting pants...
Equipment changed.
Putting on droll monocle...
Equipment changed.
Putting on natty blue ascot...
Equipment changed.
Putting on natty blue ascot...
Equipment changed.
Maximizing...
5053 combinations checked, best score 1,700.76
It will no longer pull when it says that it will pull an item - it tries to make it instead, which could have negatives for people if they have pulled or farmed tokens as in the example. Additionally, even if you do budget for automatic pulls (why would a manual pull be an automatic pull now?) it fails to equip any of the items that it pulled and errors out instead. This is with r15471.

xKiv

t will no longer pull when it says that it will pull an item - it tries to make it instead,

That's just "normal acquire", no? And also maybe an older issue (it would explain why mafia made an extra malevolent medallion for me that one time when equipping from maximizer .. I was playing with the option to allow pulling ...)

Theraze

Used to be that it would run a manual-override pull if it said it would pull and equip. Now it just seems to use acquire and it won't pull if you haven't budgeted automation pulls.

Darzil

Developer
Am going to look at this. I think I will look at changing the way I'd previously tried to get around the problems with equipping duplicate items, where it'd steal from equipment before it made or pulled them, as this seems to cause other issues.

Darzil

Developer
Currently my local patch seems to work, but will need more testing tomorrow. At present I'm seeing, when I have one Natty Blue Ascot in inventory and another in Storage, and maximize for meat drop, "fail & equip natty blue ascot" for the first, and "pull & equip natty blue ascot" for the second. If I execute them it equips then pulls and equips. If I can just get rid of the "fail &" it should be good.

Darzil

Developer
Try r15586, seems to work for me. Just had to make sure when adding boosts Maximizer wanted to have enough for the new boost and previous ones, and to pass an AdventureResult, not a CheckedItem to InventoryManager.simRetrieveItem. Completely gets rid of trying to get things into Inventory first.

Theraze

Yay! It pulls without needing to budget for automation again, so the maximizer tab actually does what it says again. Thanks!

hallehoopma

I'm not entirely sure this is fixed. When using Maximizer in aftercore for the last couple weeks (and enabling closet use b/c of PvP), if it wants to wear 2 Mr. A Jrs, Mafia sees that I have two available, but it takes only 1 out of the closet, wears that, then tells me to "remove and wear" the same one in the two extra accessory slots until I manually pull the second out. This also happens with double-wielding the same weapons. I realize that I am asking a lot of closet use, but I do that on purpose after losing too many weapons I'd smithed or bought specifically to play a few aftercore turns between runs. Oddly, no bug report starts. It's like once mafia pulls the one, it refuses to pull the second and it doesn't "see" the second that it knew was in the closet just a step or two before.

I hope this makes sense.