Universal Recovery Script

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Bale's RN... I especially like the ambiguity provided by two reasonable explanations of the acronym RN (Registered Nurse... or Recovery Now). And making this awesome could lead to BARN which at least is easy to type and remember.

Bale

Minion
1Up is awesome! I've never played Mario, but even so I get the reference. I might really use that!

Arst is also good, just because I'll get to hear everyone talking about how they love my arst!

Strangely I really like RN. It's just nice and straightforward with a dual nature without seeming like an acronym.

There's a lot to be said for Dr. Script and Bale, M.D., but I think the punctuation will make it confusing.

philmasterplus

BOOST or BURST mighty be a good acronym.

Now to conjure words...
Bale's Optimal-Optimal Soothing Therapist? (Over-Optimal Script Therapist might work too)
Bale's Ultimate Restoration Script Tool?

Bale

Minion
Those are neat. Currently my front runner is RN (Registered Nurse and/or Recovery Now), though 1Up is a close second.

BURST is probably my new number 3.

Bale

Minion
LoL! (Literally!)

That certainly is a wonderfully descriptive acronym. It compares well to the subtle humor of RN or reference of 1Up.

I'm going to go rename my file from RN now since BURST just became the working title.

Last edited:

zarqon

The only downside compared to the others is that seeing the name will give users no clue what it does.

exxyle

WARNING: Missing return values in boolean functions will soon become an error (relay_Universal_Recovery.ash, line 118)

No idea what it means, and it doesn't seem to be affecting anything, but I figured I should pass it along just in case.

me259259

WARNING: Missing return values in boolean functions will soon become an error (relay_Universal_Recovery.ash, line 118)

No idea what it means, and it doesn't seem to be affecting anything, but I figured I should pass it along just in case.

It's a minor error. It's not going to break anything, and I wouldn't worry about it. For anyone who is a little OCD like I am, they can just add the word "return" as the first part of line 117 to stop seeing that warning message.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
"return true" would be better :)

No. I believe that me259259 had it right the first time. write_check(ov, name, label, false) will return a boolean, so adding the word "return" in front of it will return the correct value.

kdog

For some reason, this script prioritizes using items over Canelloni Cocoon or other recovery skills. Is there some way to try and force it to stop wasting items and potential profit?

Theraze

Wild guess... you turned baleUr_UseInventoryInMallmode to true? That makes all items in your inventory worth 1 meat, regardless of usefulness... turn it back to false and it will actually consider their values.

shazbot

I'm having the same issue. I'm in hardcore (and that setting is false, not that it should matter).
Code:
1432   boolean futile = max_heal(options) < target - my_hp();  // Can I heal with Inventory?

It appears as though in hardcore, if you can fully heal with items it will, regardless of mp. I'm not 100% sure of this conclusion though.

Bale

Minion
That is intended behavior. In hardcore, items are always expected to be used since MP has so many other purposes and meat is in short supply.

Oh, and I just realized that I should have updated this script a while ago. The previous version hadn't been fully adapted to the revamped Hidden Temple. Also, I added removal for N-Spatial Vision. (It uses purification pills if available, otherwise it casts Disco Power Nap, finally if you don't have the skill it will make a purification pill.)

Sorry, I thought I'd already pushed out that update. Sorry I took so long to update for Bugbears.

Universal recovery v 3.9.5 released!

Changelog:
version 3.9.5 June 13, 2012
  • Need to heal Mp also at the Hidden Temple
  • Removal of N-Spatial Vision only if adventuring at Navigation. If you have purification pills it will prefer them to Disco Power Nap, but if you don't have Disco Power Nap it will make pills for you.

Last edited:

shazbot

So perhaps this is a problem with the algorithm being used then. I have Cocoon permed, yet it would use multitudes of tiny-houses & phonics downs to recover a bit over 100 hp. So even if you value mp at a premium, it would be more efficient to cast cocoon and then use a house to restore the mp.

I could also see issues for some people who don't have a Tongue permed, because I typically like to save tiny houses for removing beaten up. But not an issue I'm seeing specifically, so I may be making it up.