Page 2 of 235 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Universal Recovery Script

That seems to have fixed that issue. At least it's successfully making palm frond fans and using them.

However, it's even doing this in preference to using moths when in bird form. This seems off to me, since the palm fronds are costing 100 each, leaving the fans at 200 for ~40 MP. Moths are 100 meat in the mall for ~30 MP (not to mention that I'm accumulating them by farming them out of ronin on the battlefield).

This character also has access to MMJ, so I'm not certain that the fans are the best deal even normally, unless you factor in their HP restoring ability.

Please tell me the level of the character, so I can figure out the value of MMJ. Also, just in case, please tell me what class they are.

I'm going to have to look into the moth issue. I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't use them for recovering MP if their cost is 100 meat if you are currently in Form of...Bird. I specifically check to make sure that is right... I'm going to have to run some tests for this one.

In the meantime you can tell it to stick to hardcore mode so that it will use items in your inventory by setting mall to false. (That option is the documentation at the beginning of my script, under options.)
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.

The particular character I'm testing on is currently a level 12 Accordion Thief (well he just hit level 13 and it's still happening).

Then mmj should restore from 22-24 MP. Palm frond fans restore 35-45, so mmj should have the margin. Barely. I'll definitely have to examine the issue. Perhaps this script wasn't as ready as I thought.

One last question. You have opened the moxie guild store, right? I figure that the answer to this is almost certainly yes, but I like to be certain.

I have yes. In fact the script was happily buying MMJ before I broke ronin.

Thank you very much for all the help StormCrow42, I've fixed the last of the problems.

To track down these issues I changed the script into a recovery simulator that enabled me to see how it would perform under various conditions without actually restoring anything. I even found a couple of minor issues that you didn't find yet. Thank goodness I thought to do that.

I'm quite certain that it will work properly now. I'm embarrassed that it was released in such a buggy condition, but pleased that it will now use magical mystery juice and plump juicy grubs if it can do so.

V2.03 is now released.
    Last edited by Bale; 03-05-2009 at 11:05 AM.

Thank you very much for all the help StormCrow42, I've fixed the last of the problems.

To track down these issues I changed the script into a recovery simulator that enabled me to see how it would perform under various conditions without actually restoring anything. I even found a couple of minor issues that you didn't find yet. Thank goodness I thought to do that.

I'm quite certain that it will work properly now. I'm embarrassed that it was released in such a buggy condition, but pleased that it will now use magical mystery juice and plump juicy grubs if it can do so.

V2.03 is now released.
    Originally Posted by Bale View Post
    Quite certain, you say?
    Expected }, found && (universal_recovery.ash, line 647)
    Originally Posted by KoLmafia
    Beyond that little hiccup, this is a pretty impressive script. Thanks for all your hard work!

After fixing the missed parens on that line, it seems to be working better. At least it used cheap Nards and anti-magi wipes, I'll have to wait until after rollover to test it with grubs and moths again.

Thanks for all your hard work on this. I understand how difficult complex stuff like this is to get right.

Gik. v2.04 uploaded to fix that parenthesis issue. I'm honestly not sure how I did that to it since I remember verifying it before uploading... there must have been one last thing that I wanted to do and I was getting tired?

Incidently I tested a post-ascension character in Birdform and it did eat a moth so I'm comfortable about that.

Thank you for your patience. Yes, the code and heuristics are getting rather complex.

This is a great script. Thanks!!