Universal Recovery Script

Bale

Minion
So does this look at all healing items you have for HP and MP?
If you're in hardcore or ronin it will check the effectiveness of all healing items for HP and MP. It also checks your healing skills and uses them as appropriate. The only time it might refuse to use a healing item in your inventory is because of spleen. It won't use up spleen casually, so you need to mark it in options if you want to use medicinal herbs.

If you have access to the mall and Hagnks, then it will only care about the item which is the best value in the mall. Since other healing items can be sold for more meat to purchase better value for healing, that becomes more optimal.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Script updated to v2.1

I finally got a chance to explore mallcore mode more thoroughly. I found several improvements to make and a bug that caused the script to abort thinking that it failed to restore mp when it did restore properly.

I definitely recommend updating the script if you might ever use it in mallcore mode.

Bale

Minion
Muhades, tOaDeR, you are both very welcome. It makes me happy to hear that.

I'd like to say that I created this for my own use without consideration for others, but honestly I don't think I'd go to this much trouble and spend so much time on a single script for only one person to benefit, even if that person is me.

Bale

Minion
It already saves 4 red pixel potions for the shadow if you don't have funkslinging, so you don't have to worry about saving those. (If you have funkslinging then it will save 5 gauze garters/filthy poutices instead.)

It does not skip scented massage oils though. Currently if you want to save them for the tower you have to put them in your closet. I'd need a lot of user feedback before I decide to feature them for conservation. Would you want only a specific number of them to be saved? Would you want them saved only if you don't have funkslinging? Is using scented massage oils automatically just plain a bad idea?

I've heard this mentioned before, so I'd really appreciate it people would share their pros and cons on the automatic use of scented massage oil.

StormCrow42

I think scented massage oils should always be saved. If you went to the trouble to obtain them (or purchase them), you almost certainly did so for their in-combat use (most likely against the NS or your shadow).

I've noticed a bit of a strange behavior in aftercore mode, where the script seems to occasionally buy what is a more expensive restorative than needed. It appears that the script is prioritizing avoiding over-healing above price. For instance, I watched it buy to palm fronds to make a fan (200 meat total) for healing MP, then later bought a carbonated water lily (170 meat) which healed more MP than the fan did. Here I want the cheapest thing, even if it overheals.

On the other hand, the script purchased a high-pressure seltzer bottle for around 580 meat (~150-190 MP) for in-combat healing when my max MP is 85. This might be the best healing/MP ratio, but is obviously overkill compared to alternatives.

AutoHeal if below 148HP, up to -> 367HP with Bale's Universal Recovery.
AutoHeal if below 36MP, up to -> 110MP with Bale's Universal Recovery.
Current HP: 367, Current MP: 29... restoring MP! Target = 110
Searching for "carbonated water lily"...
Purchasing carbonated water lily (1 @ 170)...
You acquire an item: carbonated water lily
Purchases complete.
Using 1 carbonated water lily...
You gain 61 Muscularity Points
Finished using 1 carbonated water lily.
Searching for "palm frond"...
Purchasing palm frond (2 @ 100)...
You acquire palm frond (2)
Purchases complete.
Using 2 palm frond...
You acquire an item: palm-frond fan
Finished using 2 palm frond.
Using 1 palm-frond fan...
You gain 43 hit points
You gain 40 Muscularity Points
Finished using 1 palm-frond fan.

Edit2: I've glanced through the script and I can't explain the behavior (unless it's still a bug with palm frond fan creation), since I don't see anywhere in the mall purchase logic that prunes the tree based on max restoration.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Since my contest lead-in ended a week ago I've been busy in aftercore, tweaking mallcore mode. I've made quite a few changes so I'll let you tell me if I fixed that problem while I was at it. I'll just give it a last look over to see if one of my optimizations could have taken care of that also. One possible explanation though is that it will change purchasing behavior as the prices in the mall rise. It's dynamic. Once the 5th purchasable item has a higher price, it won't be preferred.

Concertain the massage oil, your logic makes sense that 9 times out of 10 they won't want to use it. In case anyone ever wants to use it anyway I'll make scented massage oil configurable in HP/MP Usage. I suspect most people will un-check that box, but if anyone wants to use it they'll have the option.

I'm starting the Dia De Los Muertos Borrachos contest now so I'll post the new version soon.

Bale

Minion
Universal recovery v 2.2 released!

Version 2.2 - March 20, 2009
- Made scented massage oil use configurable by user
- Improved logic for comparison of otter to walrus for healing "beaten up"
- More improvements to mallcore mode
- Made some algorithms tidier: improving clarity AND reducing script length.

Curiously this is the first upgrade that actually decreases file size. Hooray for optimization. By popular request I have made the use of scented massage oil customizable. If you don't want it used, make sure that the box in HP/MP usage is un-checked.

Bale

Minion
Universal recovery v 2.21 released!

Found a bug I did not like and released a new revision to cover it. Please upgrade.

fuzzyevil

Perhaps this was just fixed, but the script keeps using my soft-green things to remove beaten up, and I can't find how to turn it off. I have the "Remove status effects" box unchecked in mafia's preferences, but it still keeps using them. Now I'm out, and on my contest run too. :( I guess it's my fault for being lazy and letting mafia do stuff for me.

Bale

Minion
Yeah, this script will use SGEEAs to remove beaten up (if you have no other method of removing beaten up like a personal massager or a tongue skill) unless you possess Transcendant Olfaction. (Olfaction is more important for SGEEAs than being beaten up.) I don't consider that a bug, but I'm willing to be convinced.

fuzzyevil

It would be nice to have it as an option. I like saving at least 1 SGEEA in case the gates require teleportitis or something.

Bale

Minion
It would be nice to have it as an option. I like saving at least 1 SGEEA in case the gates require teleportitis or something.

Now THAT is a good idea. I can have it refuse to use your last SGEEA if the potion of teleportitis has not been identified. How does that sound?

Bale

Minion
It seems that (thanks to Veracity) my next update is going to require users to update to build 7098 so I'll just make the little improvement suggested by fuzzyevil.

Universal recovery v 2.22 released!

As of this version, it will never use your last SGEEA if you haven't identified the potion of teleportitis. If you have identified the potion then it will use your last SGEEA to cure it. Let me know if you want it to save your last SGEEA regardless of identifying the potion and I'll make the change in my next revision. I've had a tongue skill for a long time so I'm not really in a place to judge or be effected by this change and your input is valued.

StormCrow42

I'm a bit wary of this last post. Although you really should have gotten past the Greater Than sign by the time you even have SGEEAs, I'm worried that this'll debuff the Teleportitis needed to identify the Plus Sign.

Edit: Nevermind, I see you mean it'll use the last SGEEA to cure beaten up, not teleportitis.

Last edited:

fuzzyevil

Yay! Sounds good to me. Now this script is perfect. :) Since installing, I've acually felt comfortable letting mafia heal for me, instead of me micro-managing everything. Thanks for a great script!
Now I just need to get around to perming Tongue.