Page 186 of 238 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 184 185 186 187 188 196 236 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 2373

Thread: Universal Recovery Script

I'm sure it's an error I'm making somehow, but I can't get Universal Recovery to work for me at all. I installed it because I'm doing the war in a BHY run, and there's pretty much no way to avoid losing tons of HP.

I configured it using the relay, and set it as my recovery script according to the first post, but it's not doing anything. Any help?

Once again. This is probably my fault. I know that.
    Originally Posted by Soluzar View Post
    In the CLI, please type get recoveryScript and tell us what it says. Note that capitalization counts, so to avoid errors please copy/paste both the command, and mafia's response.

Then please verify the filename of the recovery script. Check your /scripts directory to find it. Ensure it matches the result of the previous question.

Should I make sure any other items are checked since this option wasn't available in the relay browser?
    Originally Posted by eegee View Post
    All options you need to check are in the relay script. Download that, put it in your /relay folder and then select it from the topmenu of the relay browser.
    Last edited by Bale; 09-22-2012 at 06:08 AM.
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.

Maybe this has always been answered, but whenever I use the script outside of hardcore I run into this problem:

Validating adventure sequence...

The string "r31" is not an integer; returning 31 (zlib.ash, line 191)
    The string "r37" is not an integer; returning 37 (zlib.ash, line 191)
    Restoring MP! Currently at 848 of 852 HP, 30 of 214 MP, current meat: 32741068 ... Target MP = 193.
    In mallmode, best MP restorative is: New Cloaca-Cola @ 1.0866666666666667 meat total.
    Trying to use 2 New Cloaca-Cola
    Searching for "six-pack of New Cloaca-Cola"...
    Search complete.
    Stopped purchasing six-pack of New Cloaca-Cola @ 34,999.
    Using cached search results for six-pack of New Cloaca-Cola...
    Stopped purchasing six-pack of New Cloaca-Cola @ 34,999.
    You need 2 more six-pack of New Cloaca-Cola to continue.
    Failed to use an item from the mall.
    And this just repeats 15 or 16 times before it stops trying. I have 4k elven magipacks but it has this crazy obsession with the 6 packs. Thoughts?

Hehehe... known issue with New Cloaca-Cola. Closet all your cloaca-cola... broken as well as original six-packs, and it should stop failing.

Is there a way to just remove new cloaca cola from the script altogether?

Yeah... easiest thing to do is just remove these two lines:
    Code:
    	if(mallcore)  // This is only handled freely in mallcore mode
    		heal[$item[six-pack of New Cloaca-Cola]] = new restorative_info(0, 0, 840, 960, 0.0, 900.0);
    Those are the lines that tell UR that six-packs function just fine for creating Cloaca-Cola, but if it decides to use that it has to use the whole thing. Meh. You shouldn't miss having that gone.

Since I mentioned it elsewhere... a few lines that help UR do better with zombie-core.
    Code:
    string meatpermp() {
    	switch {
    	case my_class() == $class[Zombie Master]:
    		return "100.0";
    	case buy_mmj:
    and
    Code:
    float meatperhp() {
    	if(my_class() == $class[Zombie Master])
    		return (100.0 / (my_maxhp() / 10));
    	if(galaktik_cures_discounted() && contains_text(hpAutoRecoveryItems, "curative nostrum"))
    The first makes it realize that you can get MP/horde for 100 meat, so value it there if you don't have anything better. Yes, if you don't have the skill, you can't do that... but we need to give it SOME value, and 100 is on the nicely high side in general. The second tells it that (if we had bite minion) we can heal 10% of health for 1 minion... 100 meat, for those of you following along at home. True, we could make it way more complicated and set it to no worse than 10 meat cost, since if you have <100 hp, it should still restore 10, but... eh, whatever. This works.

Maybe this has always been answered, but whenever I use the script outside of hardcore I run into this problem:

And this just repeats 15 or 16 times before it stops trying. I have 4k elven magipacks but it has this crazy obsession with the 6 packs. Thoughts?
    Originally Posted by Arundel View Post
    On top of what Theraze said you also appear to have two version of zlib. At least that's the only script I know that use the "r<num>" versioning scheme and you got two different of that printing which is odd.
    My scripts:
    Best sushi for Profit
    Winterbay's Helpful Automatic Monsterbasher (WHAM)

Scripts maintained by me:
    Autobasement
    Smashlib

A small programmer joke:
    Wife: Honey, please go to the market and buy 1 bottle of milk. If they have eggs, bring 6.
    The man came back with 6 bottles of milk.
    Wife: Why did you buy 6 bottles of milk.
    Man: Because they had eggs...

The 6 Stages of Debugging: 1 )That can't happen. 2) That shouldn't happen. 3) Hmmm, weird. 4) Why does that happen? 5) Oh, I see. 6 )How did that ever work?

All programs can be optimized, and all programs have bugs; therefore all programs can be optimized to one line that doesn’t work. /Bob Fitch, Blizzard

Nope... just that Arundel has a single old one. Since Zarqon clings tightly to his nonstandard numbering system, it compares both your current (r31) and his latest (r37) versions together, so you get two errors... once per integer conversion. If he ever went to a non-mixed system, it would have only had a single error (r31) and the current version (38) would just flow invisibly.

Ah, an entire 300 adventures at the generator without 7 schizophrenic red flashes. Deleting the lines worked. Thank you all!

So for the longest time I have wished I could figure out what was automatically setting my MP threshold to zero. At first I thought it was NewLife. Then maybe BCCAscend, but now I think it is UR. I have a highly skilled ascending character. Just because I am a muscle class does not mean that I don't want MP for buffs and the occasional combat spell. When I start as a low level character with meat problems and no access to the Myst Store I believe UR tries to recover MP as requested but eventually fails because there is not enough meat. My hypothesis is that after several such failures, UR decides to stop trying to restore MP with meat and as a consequence or side-effect the settings get changed. If this hypothesis is correct are there settings I should consider checking or changing to keep this from happening? If it is not a correct hypothesis, are there any suggestions for other places to look? Thanks.
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I agree with frono.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post

If I remember correctly newLife does set MP-restoration to 0 (it won't show in the interface until you log out and back in again though). I don't think UR chanegs anything unless you use the relay-script to change it.
    My scripts:
    Best sushi for Profit
    Winterbay's Helpful Automatic Monsterbasher (WHAM)

Scripts maintained by me:
    Autobasement
    Smashlib

A small programmer joke:
    Wife: Honey, please go to the market and buy 1 bottle of milk. If they have eggs, bring 6.
    The man came back with 6 bottles of milk.
    Wife: Why did you buy 6 bottles of milk.
    Man: Because they had eggs...

The 6 Stages of Debugging: 1 )That can't happen. 2) That shouldn't happen. 3) Hmmm, weird. 4) Why does that happen? 5) Oh, I see. 6 )How did that ever work?

All programs can be optimized, and all programs have bugs; therefore all programs can be optimized to one line that doesn’t work. /Bob Fitch, Blizzard