Page 137 of 238 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 147 187 237 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 2373

Thread: Universal Recovery Script

fronobulax, thank you for a compliment... I think.
    Originally Posted by Bale View Post
    It's supposed to be a compliment. Maybe I need to continue my English as a First Language courses?

I understand why mafia resets the setting but I've never found it to be much of an advantage for my play style. It seems to me that there is a logical inconsistency to having UR enabled and having all thresholds set to DON'T, but I don't really know where I would suggest change be made.
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I agree with frono.

I understand why mafia resets the setting but I've never found it to be much of an advantage for my play style. It seems to me that there is a logical inconsistency to having UR enabled and having all thresholds set to DON'T, but I don't really know where I would suggest change be made.
    Originally Posted by fronobulax View Post
    I don't see a logical inconsistency. It makes sense that at level 1 your resources are nearly non-existent and you'd want to restrict automatic recovery, even if you have UR. Of course that doesn't apply much to the play styles of experienced players whose characters have useful healing skills and important combat skills, like you and I. That is why you should put it in your postAscensionScript like I do. Take a look at newLife and copy over the parts you like. Then you'll never have that problem again.
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.

Whoops. Different inconsistency.

I have a setting in place A that effectively says I think I can successfully adventure in in a location as long as my current HP is x% or greater.

I have a setting in place B that effectively says that I should always recover my HP so that I have at least y%.

If y >= x then I should never have problems because I will never try and adventure in a situation I have deemed unsafe. The fact that A and B don't know about each other and "coordinate" on setting x and y is the inconsistency I noted.

In this case A is a combination of settings used in Ascend (and I presume there is something similar embedded in BCC's script although I don;t have enough experience to confirm that) and B is UR. When y is effectively zero sooner or later Ascend unwittingly does something unsafe.
    I agree with frono.

Are you saying that Ascend only sets x and not y? That sounds like an Ascend bug. UR will follow whatever values for x and y are set by other programs. It doesn't need to know anything about how those values are set to obey them. Or maybe I still have no idea what you're talking about.

Are you saying that Ascend only sets x and not y? That sounds like an Ascend bug. UR will follow whatever values for x and y are set by other programs. It doesn't need to know anything about how those values are set to obey them. Or maybe I still have no idea what you're talking about.
    Originally Posted by Bale View Post
    Yep. You are correct. At present Ascend does not set y for UR and one could argue that it should not because doing so would create a dependency on UR that currently does not exist. (Using UR is a highly recommended option but not a requirement). My solution in cases like this is usually to create some kind of global or meta setting and try and convince everyone concerned that playing nicely together means using that setting.

I suppose I should have made it clear, especially since I was hijacking the UR thread, that in no way did I consider this particular "x, y" problem UR's to solve. I was just musing on a more general situation that happened to come to my attention because of UR. I also doubt that we would ever get close to my ideal as long as there are scripters who use KoLmafia preferences and not zLib variables (and visa versa) and no clear understanding of when to use one rather than the other for objective, technical, reasons.
    I agree with frono.

Well, as a solution, programs like Ascend could check the value of recoveryScript and assume that if it is not blank, then it must be doing something helpful enough to be worth setting the recovery target.

I'm having issues with the script using all my meat on Doc Galactik's Ailment Ointments even though that option was disabled in the relay UI. Also, it will not attempt to rest at dwelling as a last resort, instead it just tells me that I don't have enough money to restore my health.
    Last edited by ponzichar; 05-27-2011 at 03:30 PM.

Developer

What does the gCLI say when you type "get hpAutoRecoveryItems"?
    Try the Nemesis Quest Script or the FamiliarFeeder interface.
    *shakes KoLMafia tech support magic 8-ball* Update mafia to the latest daily .JAR!
    NEW Dad ASCENSION STARTED 20120730
    ------------------------------
    Welcome to Parenthood, Noob

sleep on your clan sofa;rest at your campground;scroll of drastic healing;cannelloni cocoon;tongue of the walrus;lasagna bandages

Developer

From looking at the code, UR doesn't seem to actually check the setting for Doc Galactik's Ailment Ointments. It uses them whenever they are cheaper than Galaktik's Curative Nostrum (although I'm not sure about this), or if you have Galaktik's Curative Nostrum turned off (which is the case for you).

Regarding the campground, UR will only spend an adventure resting if both the HP and the MP you will gain from resting won't be lost (i.e. if resting would restore your HP/MP to more than your max). Is that the case for you?
    Last edited by slyz; 05-27-2011 at 04:29 PM.
    Try the Nemesis Quest Script or the FamiliarFeeder interface.
    *shakes KoLMafia tech support magic 8-ball* Update mafia to the latest daily .JAR!
    NEW Dad ASCENSION STARTED 20120730
    ------------------------------
    Welcome to Parenthood, Noob