Universal Recovery Script

EdFox

Yes, the data is that consistent. It has been a while since a new recovery item was added to the game. If you can find a recovery item that isn't in the data file, please tell me and I'll add it.

There might be a new recovery item with the sandworm. I haven't fully checked that yet. The last new recovery item I added was the high-pressure seltzer bottle dropped by clownfish.

Fair enough. Just please let us clueless ones know when we need to change it out, instead of just the script itself. :)

Bale

Minion
I definitely will let you know when I make changes to it. I suppose Jick just doesn't think the game needs any new recovery items. :( He's added several new zones this month (sandworm quest and slimes), but hasn't added a single recovery item. Lots of food and drink, but no recovery.

Relim

I think I've found a bug in the script. I have the script set to use my stockpiled MMJs and I have cocoon permed. When the script tries to heal me, it uses an MMJ 3 times and then says that HP wasn't restored for some reason. Below is the log results for trying to restore hp twice.

Code:
 > Restoring HP! Currently at 1343 of 2233 HP, 139 of 1164 MP... Target HP = 2122.

use 1 magical mystery juice
You gain 50 Muscularity Points

You gain 49 Muscularity Points

You gain 49 Muscularity Points
 > Restoring HP! Currently at 1343 of 2233 HP, 287 of 1164 MP... Target HP = 2122.

You gain 51 Muscularity Points

You gain 50 Muscularity Points

You gain 51 Muscularity Points

zarqon

[plug]Bale -- have you thought about using the Map Manager for your recovery items map? (link in my sig).[/plug]

Bale

Minion
Oh... heck. Thank you for finding that bug. Fixed:

Universal recovery v 2.93 released!

Changelog:
version 2.93 June 10, 2009
  • Several bugs fixed
  • Recovery logic improved a bit more

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
[plug]Bale -- have you thought about using the Map Manager for your recovery items map? (link in my sig).[/plug]
I've thought about it, but recovery items are added to the game so infrequently that it seems like a waste for the script to bother checking. Even if it only checks once per day (setting _recovery_checked), still it would have to check if it had checked after each fight... TWICE. That seems a bit much.

zarqon

But, your recovery items map would be publicly editable. I can point to at least one instance where missing/new familiars were added to bestfamiliars.txt (which is updated even more seldom than your map) by someone other than me, and those changes were propagated to all OCW users. It's very handy (users only have to d/l one file) and I doubt a few property checks would slow your script down that much. I'm just sayin'. :)

Bale

Minion
There are some good points and I suppose I should consider it, but I dispute one fact.

I can point to at least one instance where missing/new familiars were added to bestfamiliars.txt (which is updated even more seldom than your map) by someone other than me
The last new recovery item was the High-pressure seltzer bottle added to the game on January 25. That was nearly 5 months ago. Jick hates to add new recovery items since even the most pathetic is more likely to unbalance the game than the tons of useless items that he included with the baby sandworm.

Muhandes

Quite an odd one:

Restoring HP! Currently at 244 of 629 HP, 180 of 618 MP... Target HP = 504.
Casting Lasagna Bandages 13 times...
You gain 245 hit points
Lasagna Bandages was successfully cast.
Using 1 scroll of drastic healing...
Finished using 1 scroll of drastic healing.
Restoring MP! Currently at 629 of 629 HP, 115 of 618 MP... Target MP = 309.
Searching for "ancient magi-wipes"...
Purchasing ancient Magi-Wipes (4 @ 150)...
You acquire ancient Magi-Wipes (4)
Purchases complete.
Using 4 ancient Magi-Wipes...
You gain 211 hit points
You gain 213 Mana Points
Finished using 4 ancient Magi-Wipes.

Why cast lasagna and the use a scroll of drastic healing? And why not use the magi-wipes in the first place? Although I can understand the second, when restoring HP the script doesn't know MP is going to be restored next, I'm not sure anything can be done about that.

Edit: also, I have Tongue of the Walrus, so why not use it? Is it because it is a recalled memory? It does use it for removing Beaten Up.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Using lasagna bandages before a scroll of drastic healing was definitely NG. I'm looking at it, but the bug is quite a puzzler.

The magi-wipe thing though is quite within parameters of acceptable for exactly the reasons you suggest. I've got some vague ideas though about how something can be done about it though it would not be simple.

jokermage

Hey Bale, I think this is same as above but I just noticed the script using two gauze garters and then casting canoli cocoon.

There are some good points and I suppose I should consider it, but I dispute one fact.

The last new recovery item was the High-pressure seltzer bottle added to the game on January 25. That was nearly 5 months ago. Jick hates to add new recovery items since even the most pathetic is more likely to unbalance the game than the tons of useless items that he included with the baby sandworm.

What about the dueling turtle or the ancient turtle shell powder?

Bale

Minion
Ah, I stand corrected! I wouldn't want to use the dueling turtle as an automatic restorative since it has another purpose, but the ancient turtle shell powder powder definitely belongs on the list. I'll add it now. Thank you.

Recovery data updated!
  • Added ancient turtle shell powder

Last edited:

hairball

Eats up all my meat

I'm in kittycore and this script keeps spending all my meat on restores, then says it couldn't restore me.

It buys like 100 soda water, cherry cloaca cola, knob seltzer, etc.

I sold all of them and earned 10k meat just from the autosells, then next time I tried to adventure it spent my 10k buying it all back.

StormCrow42

I'm in kittycore and this script keeps spending all my meat on restores, then says it couldn't restore me.

It buys like 100 soda water, cherry cloaca cola, knob seltzer, etc.

I sold all of them and earned 10k meat just from the autosells, then next time I tried to adventure it spent my 10k buying it all back.

There was a change to KoL that broke Mafia's use of restores recently. Get a new daily build.

Bale

Minion
Universal recovery v 2.94 released!

Changelog:
version 2.94 June 16, 2009
  • Corrected misuse of items after skills
    I think that this will end issues of Lasagna Bandages being 13 times before a scroll of drastic healing is used
  • Predictive MP recovery during HP recovery phase
    This means that it is likely to use magi-wipes before healing HP, rather than afterwards.
  • A ton of minor tweaks

I think I've finally solved two of the more difficult problems that have plagued me. If I haven't, please slap me with a halibut. If nobody calls me out on any new bugs or shows me that I failed at fixing the old ones, I'm going to upgrade the version number and spin this out as v3.0

Last edited:

jokermage

I don't think this is working right...

Code:
Restoring HP! Currently at 120 of 553 HP, 277 of 361 MP... Target HP = 553.
Using 3 filthy poultice...
You gain 298 hit points
Finished using 3 filthy poultice.
Using 1 filthy poultice...
You gain 84 hit points
Finished using 1 filthy poultice.
Putting on woven baling wire bracelets...
Equipment changed.
Casting Cannelloni Cocoon 1 times...
You gain 11 hit points
Cannelloni Cocoon was successfully cast.
Putting on bejeweled pledge pin...
Equipment changed.
Equipment changed.
Equipment changed.
Equipment changed.
Equipment changed.

Bale

Minion
Oh heck. I thought I had logic to prevent that. I'll be right on it.

Thanks for finding this. I had a feeling that if there was still a bug remaining, you'd find it!

As a work around: Please put your bejeweled pledge pin in slots 1 or 2.