Bug - Fixed Staff of Fats cannot be equipped through CLI or ASH

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I'm pretty sure that has to evaluate $item[staff of fats] before getting to the equip() part, so the simplest fix would be to throw an error when $item[staff of fats] is used.

Theraze

Yeah, if mafia threw an error any time duplicate items were matched, even if the name was identical, then we wouldn't have this confusion between Ed-gear and non-Ed-gear. And it seems like anytime mafia has trouble with something, TPTB will try to use it some more just to make things more 'fun' for everyone.

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
So the request is :
For items, try to match all identical items, if there are more than one, throw error and stop.
Otherwise search for matches which are partial as we do now.

The aim is to give scripters like yourself a warning so you can explicitly identify the item you want to work with.

Darzil

Developer
Nope. The problem, as reported in post 1, still exists in r15671.The issue is still that the Ed-staff gets picked when the item is called by name, even when you aren't in an Ed-run. I have a FReq to either make mafia fail when an ambiguous exact name is used, like this, or to pick the only possible item, since you can't have both. But the bug is still here.
I disagree. The problem was that it was impossible to equip this in ash or cli. Now it is possible by specifying item number. This was not possible.

You have an FReq for your problem, and that is not implemented. This is fixed.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
The title of this note is "Staff of Fats cannot be equipped through CLI or ASH".
Since you CAN, in fact, equip it through either the CLI or ASH, this is fixed.

Theraze

Both correct. I simply re-ran the examples that failed in post 1 and 2, when the bug was initially reported, which countered Bale's example which made it appear that they were now working with the ambiguous names. The example in post 19 has worked since before post 1, since Bale is apparently in Ed-core, which is the only way those items have been accessible through name since they were first added. :)

But to answer Veracity's question in post 18...
Yes! The bug is fixed when using item numbers, due to the awesome work of Darzil and yourself. Thanks for all the hard work! :)