Bug - Not A Bug Detection of available locations problem for Lights Out

Magus_Prime

With r15378 I was auto-adventuring in the Haunted Laundry room with Blasting Soda as a goal when the Lights Out counter hit. Here is what the gCLI displayed:

Code:
Request 4 of 10 (Manor0: The Haunted Laundry Room) in progress...
Checking counters now.
It is time for a Lights Out adventure at The Haunted Wine Cellar, but that location is inaccessible.

[443] The Haunted Laundry Room
Encounter: Lights Out in the Laundry Room

spookyraven is "on".

Any ideas?

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I suggest that you look at your counter script, which printed that message, and find out why it thought the Laundry Room was inaccessible.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
At turn 443, were you level 11? It seems likely that The Haunted Wine Cellar really was inaccessible, and the script was correct.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Code:
[466] The Haunted Ballroom
Encounter: We'll All Be Flat
Took choice 921/1: unknown
choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=921&option=1
I'm pretty slow, but if I can do this in a Hardcore Ascension (with lots of help from the Chateau), it's certainly likely that somebody who actually cares about speed - and doesn't do the Nemesis Quest in run, for example - could have it open 23 turns sooner.

In fact, the session log he quoted showed him visiting the Haunted Laundry Room - and getting the Lights Out adventure - immediately after the counter script rejected it.

As I said, it was the script who printed that message - not KoLmafia - so the first thing to check is what the script based that message on.

Magus_Prime

Veracity is, not surprisingly, correct. It was Bale's CounterChecker script and it is depending on Canadv to figure out what is and is not available. Off to the Canadv thread. I'll try to dig deeper the next time something like this happens.

@lostcalpolydude: It really was turn 443 and the basement was accessible. This is a softcore run to pick up polyester rewards.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
As Theraze pointed out in the canadv thread, this is a bug in CounterChecker.

Code:
	case $location[The Haunted Boiler Room]:
	case $location[The Haunted Laundry Room]:
	case $location[The Haunted Wine Cellar]:
		return get_property("questL11Manor") == "finished";
That will not let you adventure in the cellar until you have defeated Lord Spookyraven. Actually, if that setting is "step1" or better, you can adventure in the Cellar.

This is a not a bug in KoLmafia.

Bale

Minion
CounterChecker uses its own code, some of which was copied from canadv. I'll have to fix this. Later. Probably a few hours after rollover.

Thanks for finding the problem.