Bug - Fixed Cold adventurer contest is Cool

Theraze

Crowd #3: Coolest Adventurer

> adventure * coolest adven

* coolest adven does not exist in the adventure database.

The other elemental contests match the telescope/official names. The cold contest is currently named Coldest Adventurer, not Coolest Adventurer. Not certain if this is a bug or feature request, but...

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
That happens to be the only contest I have never seen. Therefore, I had to go on what the Wiki calls it - which is "The Coldest Adventurer Contest".

I see that the telescope calls it "Coolest Adventurer" - which is to say, the code I wrote calls it that, since the text you see when you look through the telescope obviously doesn't call it anything like that.

I see that adventures.txt calls it Coldest Adventurer Contest.

I see that when we parse the "You have already entered the XXX Adventurer Contest", we look for "Coldest"

To me, that says that the "official" name of the contest is "Coldest Adventurer Contest" and that changing the name that the "telescope" command reports from "Coolest" to "Coldest" is what you are asking for.

Although, since I have never seen this contest, I have no way of testing. (Bale has a theory that your class or path or zodiac sign or something affects the contests. If you don't mind, what class/path/sign were you on when you saw this?)

Theraze

I've apparently had the Coldest Adventurer contest 14 times. All of them the related knoll signs for the class.

3 Pastamancer
5 Sauceror
6 Accordion Thief

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I have all three of those classes at least twice each with the appropriate Knoll sign, just like you, and have gotten Coldest Adventurer never. All of those were Standard runs, one each (at least) Hardcore and Normal. What path were you on?

I'm not ruling out RNG, but I'm not ruling out a seed that includes your player ID, either; Jick uses player ID to determine whether you get the Jick Jar each day, so he might think it would be a good idea in this case, too. He'd be wrong, but it doesn't mean he didn't do it. :)

Theraze

All HC so far. Working through the classes and just finishing up the muscle classes last. But yeah, think that's the result of 24 HC knoll runs. And 14/24 is kinda impressive.