Bug - Fixed Place update broke concert (NO IT DIDN'T)

Theraze

Have been wondering why the concert winklered hasn't been working lately for my meat tower. Looks like this is another one of those "place.php" spots that goes into a choice adventure, like untinker and hatter.

Bale

Minion
Oooh! The "make a new post then delete the old one instead of editing the original post" trick.

I do that also! It's one of the few perks of having mod access.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Uh, yeah.

> concert dilated

Visiting the Mysterious Island Arena...
You acquire an effect: Dilated Pupils (duration: 20 Adventures)
A music lover is you.
This character won the war as a hippy, and hence does not have "concert winklered" available, but near as I can tell, nothing has changed.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I just checked "concert winklered" specifically and it's working for me.

More details on exactly what's not working would be good, I guess.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
> concert winklered

Visiting the Mysterious Island Arena...
You acquire an effect: Winklered (duration: 20 Adventures)
A music lover is you.
Yes. Nothing has changed. How about a DEBUG log?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Looks like this is another one of those "place.php" spots that goes into a choice adventure, like untinker and hatter.
To be completely clear on this, to visit the Arena, you do this:

postwarisland.php?place=concert

To choose a concert at the Arena, you submit a URL like this:

postwarisland.php?action=concert&option=2

The other issues were a result of place.php redirecting to choice.php, but, as you can see, neither place.php nor choice.php is involved in casting a concert.

Nothing has changed in either KoL or KoLmafia regarding the "concert" command. If you've been "wondering" why it hasn't been working lately, you'll need to investigate a little more. I'd suggest that you check your preferences that determine whether the war has been finished or not; if it is still underway, we use bigisland.php, not postwarisland.php. That, too, works - but since the character who is using concerts is your "meat tower" (whatever the heck that is), I assume it's in aftercore. If you have trashed your preferences and we use the wrong URL, I'm not sure we'll print an error, even though it fails. As I said before, a DEBUG log would help.

Theraze

What I was doing which was no longer working was choosing concert winklered through the maximizer. It left concert winkler un-triggered. I'll try to get a debug log when it fails again in the next few days. Hopefully today.

Bale

Minion
I just used the maximizer to increase my meat drops for killing bandits at Themthar Hills. It suggested Winklered and I agreed with it. Sure enough it did what it is supposed to do.

What the heck is a meat tower?

xKiv

I just used the maximizer to increase my meat drops for killing bandits at Themthar Hills. It suggested Winklered and I agreed with it. Sure enough it did what it is supposed to do.

What the heck is a meat tower?

Speculation: defeating wall of meat.

Theraze

You're in a tower, there's a wall of meat. A wall, in a tower, would suggest it's a part of the tower. Hence, meat tower.

Debug log of failed activation through the maximizer today is attached.

Attachments

• DEBUG_20150130.txt
    2.1 KB · Views: 18

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The war is finished (hence the redirect to postwarisland.php, apparently with no parameters), but mafia doesn't seem to know that for you (since it used bigisland.php for its request). Setting warProgress = finished should fix that.

Theraze

There's an old bug report about mafia setting war status only when it's viewed in the relay browser. It's possible that this is related to that, if mafia's preferences are incorrect. Let's see if I can find that report.

Darzil

Developer
r15311 marks warProgress based on Quest Log (in addition to the normal triggers which should have set it).

Theraze

Will try to check if warProgress isn't completed after BCA finishes the war. Will also try to check if refresh quests fixes it after. If it's broken, I'll update that and add the refresh quests to BCA for the interim.

Theraze

Yeah, wish I could have fixed the visible title, but you need to be a board mod for that.

Anyways, today warProgress successfully updated. Not sure if BCA forced a manual parsing of the quest logs or if mafia just gets it properly now with the kill, but either way it worked. Thanks!

Darzil

Developer
My fix was just a band aid for if things hadn't worked. The only time I recall things not updating correctly was when Heavy Rains came out, as if was a while before that code was fixed to take into account the new boss.