Feature - Implemented Built-in Naughty Sorceress Scripts

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I have now had a chance to test all four paths of the Hedge Maze script. Each time I have tweaked the logging a bit and now I think it is just what it should be.

Code:
[745] The Hedge Maze (Room 1)
Encounter: 'Allo

[746] The Hedge Maze (Room 2)
Encounter: One Small Step For Adventurer
You acquire an item: topiary nugglet
Encounter: topiary gopher
Round 0: Veracity loses initiative!
Round 4: Veracity wins the fight!

[747] The Hedge Maze (Room 4)
Encounter: Pooling Your Resources

[748] The Hedge Maze (Room 5)
Encounter: Good Ol' 44% Duck
Encounter: topiary duck
Round 0: Veracity loses initiative!
Round 4: Veracity wins the fight!

[749] The Hedge Maze (Room 7)
Encounter: Of Mouseholes and Manholes

[750] The Hedge Maze (Room 8)
Encounter: The Last Temptation

[751] The Hedge Maze (Room 9)
Encounter: Mazel Tov!
The Tower Door script also works nicely.

I think this concludes this Feature; I am no longer interested in the scripts for the earlier stages of the tower that I posited earler, and I think they would be easy for people to automate on their own, if they desire.

Theraze

Two bits here, one bug and one feature request.
One, Hedge Chihuahua+Kiwi is actually Chihuahua+Duck. It appears that the Chihuahua fight puts you in a room that isn't expected? I've noticed this repeatedly, but thought I should post this rather than just chiming in eventually when someone else reports it. I can make a separate bug report, if that's desired.
Two, any chance of having ASH or CLI commands to trigger the two solvers, as we had with the old NS tower? It would be nice to be able to handle these more efficiently for users.

Thanks!

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Hedge Chihuahua+Kiwi is actually Chihuahua+Duck. It appears that the Chihuahua fight puts you in a room that isn't expected? I've noticed this repeatedly, but thought I should post this rather than just chiming in eventually when someone else reports it. I can make a separate bug report, if that's desired.
You should have reported it the first time you noticed it. I would have fixed it then. Revision 15361

Two, any chance of having ASH or CLI commands to trigger the two solvers, as we had with the old NS tower? It would be nice to be able to handle these more efficiently for users.
You mean in your scripts. Yeah, I suppose. I never use scripts to adventure, so the menu bar is exactly what _I_ need, but I suppose we could have CLI commands/ASH functions.

Theraze

You should have reported it the first time you noticed it. I would have fixed it then. Revision 15361

Thanks! I keep mistrusting bugs the first 1-5 times I see them. I want to be sure that it isn't just that I'm clicking on something or having a second of lag or... something user related, rather than code related. Suppose I should make a bug report on that other one that I've been trying to track down for the last few months.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Even though this is marked Implemented, I never did anything with this. So, bump.

Theraze

Even though this is marked Implemented, I never did anything with this. So, bump.

I could make a separate FReq if you'd prefer. Since this thread is marked done, it should probably either get marked as not done or we could have that other thread.

Thanks for not just letting it die. :) It's appreciated.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Why don't you make another FR, please. I'm about to ascend into a Standard run, so I'll be back in the tower in a few days and will be able to do this - and actually test.