New Content - Implemented FotY 2015

Bale

Minion
Let the horror begin! Please remember that all item/effect info should be pulled from the session log, not the CLI. The CLI doesn't preserve tabs and that leads to headaches for our hard working devs.

Code:
Visiting Mr. Store
--------------------
8064	golden monkey statuette	243083851	goldmonkeystat.gif	grow	t	0
golden monkey statuette	Free Pull
--------------------
--------------------
8068	Professor of Spelunkology	736483425	spelprof.gif	grow	t	0
Professor of Spelunkology	Free Pull
--------------------
--------------------
8063	Tales of Spelunking	875497902	speltales.gif	usable	t	0
# Tales of Spelunking: Begins a Spelunking Adventure!
--------------------

New familiar: "Golden Monkey" (192) @ goldmonkey.gif
New familiar: "Adventurous Spelunker" (193) @ spelunker.gif

Last edited:

Crowther

Oooh, this is going to be a mess. While in the Spelunky style mini adventure, it's like you're in real KoL, except your inventory, etc are gone. Jick is trying once again to reuse code, yet have it disconnected. My vmask leaked for a while. You gain things that look just like real items, but don't exists when you leave. You get items from the shop keeper (a choice adventure looking thing). Might be a coin master, since it uses gold coins, but I think not. This whole thing likes like a total mess for mafia. Might want to just black list it somehow.

Code:
--------------------
8063 Tales of Spelunking 875497902 speltales.gif usable t 0
# Tales of Spelunking: Begins a Spelunking Adventure!
--------------------
8056 torch 404717759 speltorch.gif offhand q 0
torch 0 none
# torch: Burns foes
# torch: Lights dark places
# torch: Can be thrown
--------------------
8042 rock 683893245 spelrock.gif offhand q 0
rock 0 none
# rock: Can be thrown
--------------------

I forgot to save the names of these. My last adventure lists "The Jungle", but nothing shows up at the friar.
Unknown Adventure #424 -- mines
Unknown Adventure #425 -- The Jungle
Unknown Adventure #431 -- grave
Unknown Adventure #426 -- ice planes

EDIT: And all the monsters have factoids. Sorry, Bale.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Crowther, please go to your session log and copy/paste the new item information from there. The CLI version does not preserve very important tabs so trying to use that will create headaches for our devs. In other words, you aren't helping them as much as you think doing it that way.

See the difference between what you posted and what I posted? Yep. That matters.

Feel free to edit the fixed information into your original post.

Thank you!

Ethelred

Let the horror begin! Please remember that all item/effect info should be pulled from the session log, not the CLI. The session log doesn't preserve tabs and that leads to headaches for our hard working devs.

... snipped ...

Eh? Sure you got that right? If "The session log doesn't preserve tabs and that leads to headaches for our hard working devs.", why are you encouraging people to cut and paste from there?

Bale

Minion
Typo fixed. I'm hoping to educate our helpful users. I only learned this recently, but it is something that everyone should know if they want to help support Veracity and the others in their efforts.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Nope!

Quite a while ago, I asked CDM if he could put the effect number into the effect description as an HTML comment. He did so. I then asked if he could do the same thing for item numbers and item descriptions - and he did not respond. I think it is similarly harmless (how could you possibly exploit it?), but I guess he got busy.

Until and unless that happens, new items in DCs are mysterious.

Perhaps lost could lobby for it?

Bale

Minion
Code:
--------------------
8067	gold nuggets	195235025	goldnug.gif	none	t,d	100
# gold nuggets
--------------------
--------------------
8066	powdered gold	364590955	goldpowder.gif	usable	t	0
# powdered gold
--------------------

powdered gold is 4 spleen for adventures and stats.

Bale

Minion
I spent a lot of turns with my Adventuring Spelunker and only got one Tales of Spelunking. (It was on the 6th combat.) Lots of turns with the Golden Monkey produced only 5 powdered golds.

I'd say those are the daily limits for mafia to track.

Darzil

Developer
r15204 adds these items.
Have currently added the spleen items as 5-10 adv, and 20-30 stats, to match the last couple of years spleen drop.
Have currently added a "Virtual Equipment" section to Modifiers.txt and Equipment.txt, rather than mixing the above equipment in with 'real' equipment. No idea yet how many will be found, or whether we can just leave them out entirely.

Edit - I got Tales of Spelunking on combat 12 (wasn't using familiar item).
Edit 2 - The powdered gold and tales of spelunking don't currently have custom plurals, but I expect that to change.

Last edited:

Magus_Prime

I tried to consume powdered gold from the item manager but, while

Code:
Using 3 powdered gold...
Finished using 3 powdered gold.

appeared in the gCLI, nothing was consumed.

Using them items from the inventory page in the relay browser did consume the items.

Code:
You gain 8 Adventures
You gain 23 Strongness
You gain 31 Magicalness
You gain 22 Chutzpah
You gain a Moxie point!
You gain 6 Adventures
You gain 28 Beefiness
You gain 28 Magicalness
You gain 23 Chutzpah
You gain 6 Adventures
You gain 26 Beefiness
You gain a Muscle point!
You gain 23 Magicalness
You gain a Mysticality point!
You gain 28 Cheek

Darzil

Developer
r15206 should fix that. Edit - And does, and looks like the adventure/stat ranges are the same as last couple of years's spleen drops.

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
Added (some) Spelunky zones and items.

Also have seen vampire in Ancient Burial place, but forgot exact name (431). I think I threw a bomb and still lost, so over 50 stats. They also have skeletons.
Also saw caveman and yeti in The Ice Caves, but also lost.

Last edited:

Crowther

Crowther, please go to your session log and copy/paste the new item information from there. The CLI version does not preserve very important tabs so trying to use that will create headaches for our devs. In other words, you aren't helping them as much as you think doing it that way.
Oh, right. I totally forgot about that.

Bale

Minion
When you are in Spelunky mode, api.php now has limitmode:"spelunky" (and limitmode:0 otherwise).

That is very good news! Could someone add some function which makes that information available to a script? I've already found myself craving this information to turn off before battle scripts and stuff. It wasn't hard to turn off ChIT since I could read relevant information from the charpane. Other scripts were less fortunate.

Perhaps...

string limit_mode()
Returns the value of limitmode. This would be particularly nice in case there are more limit modes in KoL's future.​

EDIT: And all the monsters have factoids. Sorry, Bale.

I think that's pretty cool. It's not as though they are once per ascension monsters which appear in only one out of every 5 ascensions so that you'd have to be lucky to encounter all of them thrice in less than 50 ascensions. Factoids like that would just be cruel. It's going to be a very long time until anyone has a complete set of factoids again.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
[23:33] KingBobson: Unknown item found: Spelunker's Guild prize sack (8077, 496820001)
[23:33] KingBobson: Unknown item found: Spelunker of Fortune (8073, 630875553)

Code:
[COLOR="#808000"]> test newitem 8077 496820001[/COLOR]

Unknown item found: Spelunker's Guild prize sack (8077, 496820001)
--------------------
8077	Spelunker's Guild prize sack	496820001	spelunksack.gif	usable	t	0
# Spelunker's Guild prize sack
--------------------
[COLOR="#808000"]> test newitem 8073 630875553[/COLOR]

Unknown item found: Spelunker of Fortune (8073, 630875553)
--------------------
8073	Spelunker of Fortune	630875553	spelunkmag.gif	usable	t	0
# Spelunker of Fortune
--------------------

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Added Spelunker's Guild prize sack in 15218. Spelunker of Fortune was already added in 15210 thanks to searching the mall with "only show items, don't show stores" checked, which will show an item if it has ever been in the mall and has the itemid mixed in to the HTML somewhere.